Public Discussions > Off Topic discussions

Thinkpad Yoga S1 12 weird *A* key

<< < (2/2)

Sigurd Fastenrath:

--- Quote from: Sigurd Fastenrath on July 21, 2020, 11:23:52 pm ---
--- Quote from: Mathias on July 21, 2020, 09:57:19 am ---But then again, if anybody did this already, and the keyboard CAN be maintained and revived, getting a new one would be a waste of money..

So.. any hints welcome. : )

--- End quote ---

Ich:

https://thinkpad-forum.de/threads/222315-Aschenputtel-zur-Weihnachtszeit-Aus-alt-mach-neu-S1-Yoga-12-wieder-herrichten

Noch detaillierter:
https://www.os2.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1893

--- End quote ---

Ich versuche auch schon eine ENTF Taste (die bei mir wackelt) zu bekommen, weil ich nicht die Tastatur nochmals tauschen möchte, aber es scheint aussichtslos.

Mathias:
Sigurd, do you know the Lenovo product code for the backlit DE keyboard?

The linked one above is NOT backlit.

For the moment, I did some testing, and clicked off the "a" key..
I cannot see any dirt or dust underneath..
Then tried to push the key without the "a" cover... and found out, it doesn't work as good when pushing the right side of the rubber underneath the key. - Left side almost always worked.
Then.. I took some paper, scissors.. and cut a small piece off the paper, put it underneath the key, clicked it in.. and.. like new. --> so for the moment it works fine again, but I doubt it will for long.

In the meanwhile I am trying to get a backlit Thinkpad S1 Yoga 12 keyboard with DE layout.

Sigurd Fastenrath:

--- Quote from: Mathias on July 22, 2020, 07:14:34 pm ---Sigurd, do you know the Lenovo product code for the backlit DE keyboard?

The linked one above is NOT backlit.

For the moment, I did some testing, and clicked off the "a" key..
I cannot see any dirt or dust underneath..
Then tried to push the key without the "a" cover... and found out, it doesn't work as good when pushing the right side of the rubber underneath the key. - Left side almost always worked.
Then.. I took some paper, scissors.. and cut a small piece off the paper, put it underneath the key, clicked it in.. and.. like new. --> so for the moment it works fine again, but I doubt it will for long.

In the meanwhile I am trying to get a backlit Thinkpad S1 Yoga 12 keyboard with DE layout.

--- End quote ---

00PA855 und (gegebenenfalls) 00HT997

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

Just as a rant note:

It used to be easy on the past to get the part numbers for part replacements (FRUs) since it was on the  Hardware Maintenance Manual. But some year ago things changed on Lenovo and now the parts list are on a separated web page and PDFs that are no that easy to find from the Lenovo Support web page of the model.

Now it is easier to find the "System Service Parts" page on Google then Lenovo's. Here are the TP Yoga 12 "System Service Parts". Scroll down to the PDF.

Once you find the part number (FRU) you can use the "Lenovo Parts Lookup" to maybe get a substitute number and sometimes some pictures of it.  For example, the substitute of the "00PA855" is the "00HT997", just like Sigurd posted.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version