Author Topic: klibc user manager  (Read 3438 times)

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
klibc user manager
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:46:51 pm »
I installed ArcaOS 5.0.5, but something is odd with klibc user manager. I don't see icons for it anywhere. If I re-install using ANPM, I get icons, but I can't edit users. They list just fine, but when I edit, nothing can be changed.

in \etc\master.passwd, root has an *, which I guess means no password.

SAMBA users and group, which relies on this, also does not work.

Searching for bug reports, I get a lot of hits on "I really ought to write some documentation".
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

ivan

• View Profile
Re: klibc user manager
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 05:05:34 pm »
Does the one from 5.0.5 work if you create program objects for it or is it fubared as well?

BTW, I get the impression that programmers don't like writing instructions or manuals - the programmer I employed didn't know how so I had one of the engineers do it for her.

David Graser

• View Profile
Re: klibc user manager
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 08:43:28 pm »
I installed ArcaOS 5.0.5, but something is odd with klibc user manager. I don't see icons for it anywhere. If I re-install using ANPM, I get icons, but I can't edit users. They list just fine, but when I edit, nothing can be changed.

in \etc\master.passwd, root has an *, which I guess means no password.

SAMBA users and group, which relies on this, also does not work.

Searching for bug reports, I get a lot of hits on "I really ought to write some documentation".

Neil, could not find it.  I reinstalled and kept looking.  Found it under Bitwise Apps and Port.  Added new user and it worked fine.  Edited one of the users and it worked.  I did have a problem with 5.05 install the first time.  A lot of the folders and programs did not install.  Just installed again and everything installed as it should have.  Don't know what happened the first time.