Public Discussions > Off Topic discussions

Powerline combo with POE?

<< < (3/3)

ivan:
Hi Andy,

Nice kit but the problem is connecting it to a tablet that only has one USB port for connecting to the outside world.  It might work with the something like the unit I mentioned earlier but all it would do is cut out the tablet charger.

Now, if there was one of those that combined the USB ethernet and charger and outputted them to a single OTG USB plug it would be more than interesting.

Andy Willis:

--- Quote from: ivan on August 23, 2020, 05:40:21 pm ---Hi Andy,

Nice kit but the problem is connecting it to a tablet that only has one USB port for connecting to the outside world.  It might work with the something like the unit I mentioned earlier but all it would do is cut out the tablet charger.

Now, if there was one of those that combined the USB ethernet and charger and outputted them to a single OTG USB plug it would be more than interesting.

--- End quote ---

The microUSB I use with the magicjack, so is fine for that.  It has been a few months since I used it, so I forgot a piece for the USB-C that I use for my phone.  In addition to the above that splits the power and ethernet, I forgot I plug that into:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HNSFDNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
which allows power passthrough and is the actual ethernet adapter for the phone... as well as providing USB ports and HDMI (that I occasionally connect to my TV or monitor).

Mathias:
Hehe very cool Andy! Thank you! So this shows a POE splitter DOES work with Android as it should on paper. Very good. I'm going to try this out. : )

ivan:
One small problem, I have yet to find a tablet with a USB C port, all my Samsung units have Micro USB ports.  It would work, I expect, with a USB C to Micro USB adapter but that just makes it more complicated.

Heikki Kekki:

--- Quote from: ivan on August 24, 2020, 09:25:47 am ---One small problem, I have yet to find a tablet with a USB C port, all my Samsung units have Micro USB ports.  It would work, I expect, with a USB C to Micro USB adapter but that just makes it more complicated.

--- End quote ---
I have Lenovo Yoga Tab (Lenovo Tablet YT-X703L) with USB C port.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version