OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Mail-News

Mail disappeared SeaMonkey

<< < (2/2)

ivan:
Hi Per,

A couple of questions. 1) What are the SMART tests saying about the drive?  2) Have you run chkdsk <drive> /f against the partition?

I ask those questions because the last time I had problems like that it turned out to be a drive with a flaky surface - the drive finally gave up as I was copying data from it.

Per E. Johannessen:
Have to investigate about SMART, but chkdsk, with or without /f, does not report any issues.
(The SSD drive was new in january this year.)

Dave Yeo:
For SMART, to start, run smartctl -h at a cmd prompt. Also might want to check if your SSD has any utilities to check its function available and whether you can use them. Just because it is only a few months old doesn't mean it won't fail. For HD's, they usually fail in the first year or last years, likely similar for SSD's.

Pete:
Hi Per

PMsmartctl - https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2402.0;attach=6202 - is a fairly simple frontend to smartctl.exe that you may want to try.

I mentioned DFSee in an earlier response as it has a file browser and recovery option that has worked for me in the past.

Regards

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version