WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

OS/2 Trademarks

<< < (2/4) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
It is also nice to see the logos on the trademarks page.

It also makes me wonder that I need the OS/2 1.3 (neon colored logo) on a .... (I don't know how to say it in English).... rotated 45° square. (the one that I'm attaching)

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Maybe a remake of this T-Shirt

Wim Brul:
From Glossary D

--- Quote ---D
dead

a dead or abandoned status for a trademark application means that specific application is no longer under prosecution within the USPTO, and would not be used as a bar against your filing. It does not necessarily mean that there are not other marks that the trademark examining attorney would cite. It is also possible to revive an abandoned application (for example, if the USPTO declared the application abandoned for failure of the applicant to respond to an Office action, but the applicant later proved that a response was sent and the USPTO simply failed to match it with the file in a timely manner, then the case could be revived). Also, regardless of the status of an application within the USPTO, the owner may still claim common law rights, i.e, the mark may still be in use in commerce.

--- End quote ---

Mathias:
Potentially newly made merchandise should better not include the IBM brand.. like on these T-Shirts ; )
Just OS/2 (and/or Warp) would need to do.

And indeed.. a lawyer should maybe have a look into this, before anybody should use OS/2 (and/or Warp) on any selfmade products. Just to be on the safe side.

Renee Senger:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on August 26, 2020, 02:59:59 pm ---Hi

I don't know much about the process of trademarking and I'm just posting this as a curious note.

During some years I had been following the OS/2 trademarks on the "http://tmsearch.uspto.gov" search tool.
"OS/2" was the last one active, and at the end was "cancelled" on "April 24, 2020".

Now all that OS/2 trademarks are "DEAD" on that database.

I'm not sure what it means.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Hi,

Trademarks are rights granted by countries. USPTO show rights and status valids only in United States. it's necessary and important to do a search for International Trademark Registration (Madri Protocol) to know the real international status of a trademark. See
https://www.wipo.int/madrid/en/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version