OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

rexx Screen Capture

(1/2) > >>

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Hello,

I've managed to write a function in a rexx dll that can capture the screen and save it to a file.

I can post the source code and file here, but would first get your help how to find out the names of open windows (folders, applications etc.) to add that option as well.

Selection of screen coordinates would be nice as well, but I'll await your code before I post the .dll.

Regards,
//Jan-Erik

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Hello,

see the attached .zip-file that contain both a rexx .dll debugger application, the rexx .dll for image manipulation, sources and scripts.

Please do read the source code to find more options and use a recent version of GBM to get support for more file types and quality scaling methods.

The software is provided "AS IS" and you're responsible to understand it's use, what it is intended for and you must take appropriate actions before usage to ensure it doesn't cause harm, problems etc.

//Jan-Erik

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks Jan-Erik

Can you write a little readme for the files, something short, or write it just here and I will put it there.

Can we put a liberal license to it like the BSD 3-Clause license? It is very liberal and allows derivative works in several ways.

--- Quote ---Copyright (c) 2013, Jan-Erik Lärka
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3. Neither the name of "Jan-Erik Lärka" nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
--- End quote ---

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Hello,

that would be very nice to add, feel free Martin to do so and repack the .zip-file, but please note that parts of the code has been influenced by GBM (Thanks to the work by Heiko Nitzsche, Germany ).

The string-number-whatever C++ class "var" is my own work that begun during the school days and help me simplify usage to write libraries in C/C++ for rexx.

Btw, anyone found it useful?
Know how to add on-screen-selection-support?

//Jan-Erik

Martin Iturbide:
Hi.

Let me know what do you think, I'm attaching the file with a basic readme and license file.

I also created a Wiki page which you are free to change/improve:
http://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/RxImgSize

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version