Author Topic: OpenTTD 1.10.3 for OS/2  (Read 21036 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Re: OpenTTD 1.10.3 for OS/2
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 12:34:52 am »
Paul, Thanks, but it's just a game, and I don't even know if I'd like it, don't put in any more effort, unless you
 feel like it, of course. It was mostly out of curiosity and to support your work.

Saludos

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 11:47:13 am »
re: website, I'll keep investigating, I have no idea what's wrong with cms made (not so) simple :(

well it ain't pretty - but I moved all the content from CMS made Simple to wordpress - new site now at https://os2ports.smedley.id.au - should be functional except for a couple of placeholders (like the GCC 9.x page)

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 03:14:10 pm »
Paul, to my eyes the new site looks a bit ugly :-). Fonts are much to big. Maybe useful for smartphone kiddies but not for standard computer users. See picture.

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 03:20:53 pm »
Hi

In my case, I found the structure of the site working fine, and that is the important thing on wordpress, since the style (theme) can be changed without much problem.

Maybe I can suggest Paul to play a little bit with different themes, but it is excellent to have the pages and links working.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 03:12:19 am »
Hey Andi,

Paul, to my eyes the new site looks a bit ugly :-). Fonts are much to big. Maybe useful for smartphone kiddies but not for standard computer users. See picture.

As I said "well it ain't pretty". Now that I have the content moved over, I'll play around with different themes and font sizes etc. The end goal here was to make the site easier to update. Wordpress is way easier to use than CMSMS.

There's a reason the old site hadn't been updated in a year - and it's got nothing to do with me not updating things.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2020, 03:35:09 am »
Hey Andi,

As I said "well it ain't pretty". Now that I have the content moved over, I'll play around with different themes and font sizes etc. The end goal here was to make the site easier to update. Wordpress is way easier to use than CMSMS.

There's a reason the old site hadn't been updated in a year - and it's got nothing to do with me not updating things.

I did a very quick and dirty change to a different theme - which seems to look 'prettier'. Will play more tonight.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2020, 05:52:53 am »
Looks pretty good here, works fine with scripting disabled too.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 08:08:28 am »
Hey Dave,

Looks pretty good here, works fine with scripting disabled too.

Thanks for the feedback - the theme I changed to is definitely more readable. I'll admit I only checked it last night with latest Chrome on linux, and at lunchtime I tweaked the theme with Chrome on Windows 10 - I hadn't had a chance to check with Firefox (on OS/2, Windows or Linux).

Cheers,

Paul