Public Discussions > General Discussion

OS/2 on a Via C7 desktop?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ben Hjelt:
After a succesful ArcaOS 5.0.4 install on the Wyse thin client I'm unable to use the network for long, can ping and sync the time but starting any browser results in:
Exception in module: SOCKETS
TRAP 000e
Might be the Velocity ethernet driver?

Lars:
Need to load socketsk.sys and afinetk.sys instead of sockets.sys and afinet.sys.

Ben Hjelt:

--- Quote from: Lars on September 10, 2020, 01:53:58 pm ---Need to load socketsk.sys and afinetk.sys instead of sockets.sys and afinet.sys.

--- End quote ---
socketsk.sys and afinetk.sys are already the default.

Ben Hjelt:
 ::) The thing completely died on me so I'm guessing it was bad hardware after all - attaching pci.txt anyways.

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:
Some of those older Wise Thin Clients are actually crippled terminal or Zero Client devices, sometimes in the BIOS, even is some cases will only allow Wise's own Linux version to run and nothing else. After the Dell takeover things got better and for the last decade Dell and Wise branded TC's have been just re-branded Clientron devices (Which in fairness have some BIOS limitations of their own).

For TC's of that vintage I have had much better results using HP's, TECO's and in particular IGEL hardware to run OS/2 derivatives on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version