Public Discussions > General Discussion

OS/2 on a Via C7 desktop?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ian Manners:
My server use to run on a VIA EPIA800 MiniITX, 800Mhz CPU, 1024Mb SDRAM

Depending on model, drivers etc here:
http://www.os2site.com/sw/hardware/mb/via/index.html

Note, memory can be limited due to number of slots.

Ben Hjelt:
Yes, haven't tried ArcaOS on it but eCS did install and everything just worked.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Ben Hjelt on September 09, 2020, 09:08:29 am ---Yes, haven't tried ArcaOS on it but eCS did install and everything just worked.

--- End quote ---

Hi Ben.
I would be awesome if you can share the hardware report of it, so I can include that wyse pc on the Wiki. Here I have some info on how to get the information.

Regards

Ben Hjelt:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 09, 2020, 03:22:36 pm ---I would be awesome if you can share the hardware report of it, so I can include that wyse pc on the Wiki.

--- End quote ---
OK, I'll do a clean install this weekend and see if it still works.

Olafur Gunnlaugsson:

--- Quote from: richard Baran on September 08, 2020, 02:29:21 pm ---I recently rescued a MicroATX motherboard with a Via C7 CPU.  it is a 2005 release, and would have winxp normallly,  The board has IDE, SATA, and USB.  Does anyone have any idea if I could get OS/2 Warp running on this hardware?

--- End quote ---
I run a couple of C7 systems for testing mostly, SNAP handles the graphics of all VIA/S3 graphics released up to VX900 (Ca 2009, a couple of them need to run in SNAP "compatibility mode") and the Via chipsets and ethernet controllers of that era were well supported by DANIS etc since they were the same as used with Intel boards with Via chipsets, the C3 to C7 family uses a Intel 370 bus basically.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version