OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

[SOLVED] Moschip USB to Ethernet for OS/2 not workingon USB1 port

(1/3) > >>

Mathias:
I do have tested multiple notebooks with the USB network card and the "Moschip USB to Ethernet for OS/2". They all were working like a charm with that network "card".

I now tested with a Panasonic Toughbook CF-M34 MK1, which comes with a USB1 port.
ArcaOS runs fine, USB is enabled in BIOS, but the Moschip USB network card does not work, nor do its' lights turn on, just the USB power LED on the network connector, but not the LINK or TRAFFIC LED.
So I assume, the driver just cannot handle USB1?

Thanks in advance, I wonder what the reason is.. :o

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Mathias

Maybe the USB-2-Ethernet device that you have only works on USB 2.
Can you run lsusb and usbres report on your "Panasonic Toughbook CF-M34 MK1" and see if it recognize something plugged on the USB ports?

Can you post the brand, model and hardwareId of you USB-2-Ethernet device to be included on the OS2World wiki?

Regards

Lars:

--- Quote from: Mathias on September 08, 2020, 10:30:44 pm ---I do have tested multiple notebooks with the USB network card and the "Moschip USB to Ethernet for OS/2". They all were working like a charm with that network "card".

I now tested with a Panasonic Toughbook CF-M34 MK1, which comes with a USB1 port.
ArcaOS runs fine, USB is enabled in BIOS, but the Moschip USB network card does not work, nor do its' lights turn on, just the USB power LED on the network connector, but not the LINK or TRAFFIC LED.
So I assume, the driver just cannot handle USB1?

Thanks in advance, I wonder what the reason is.. :o

--- End quote ---

Exactly WHAT driver ? Are you sure that you have installed the proper host controller drivers (USBUHCD.SYS, USBOHCD.SYS, USBEHCD.SYS and now also USBXHCD.SYS) for the host controllers that your system has ? You should either have at the PCI.EXE output to find out or you will need to use the USB test tool testusb.exe (or some such) to find out what controllers you have.

Mathias:
Hello together, and thnks for your replies! : )
Interesting ideas both.

Martin, I will look these up and post them shortly.

Lars, the driver is called USBMOS.OS2, first included in the last USB-12_07.exe DL'ed from ArcaNoae subscription website.

The driver works fine on all my USB2 notebooks.
I will need to run the measures you have suggested on the target notebook and report back.

Mathias:
Martin, lsusb shows:
"Bus 001 Device 003: ID 9710:7830 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7830 10/100 Mbps Ethernet adapter"

The product is called "DeLock USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter"
Link: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0009M1LFW

Running linux commands on the Toughbook is rather tough... as this notebook suffers any boot methods than A:/C:, it's got only 192 MB of RAM (max), a single core 300 MHz.
ArcaOS went onto that notebook via cloning a virtual machine.

So the above lsusb output is from another notebook that can run the usb network card.
And: What is usbres?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version