Author Topic: gImageReader - qt5 OCR application  (Read 12855 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: gImageReader - qt5 OCR application
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 12:36:32 am »
For others, the qt5core fix is linked from https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtbase-os2/issues/121

That may be an option, but I think it is better to try to learn to understand how memory and swapper work.

The qt5 cpu usage has nothing to do with memory and swapper - it's a bug.

Cheers,

Paul

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 10:42:05 pm »
Yes, you are correct.
Do you have any way to quickly repeat the error of the processors?
Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »
Shortly I think I'll make an update on this,
 you did not believe it.
As I advance some minimum memory levels, and another increase in free use memory.
You will see the super warp speed.
I still have to check the processor failure, but I think it works without problems.

[C:\]MEM /V

Total physical memory:      3 959 MB
Accessible to system:       3 063 MB
Additional (PAE) memory:      896 MB

Resident memory:              170 MB
Available virtual memory:     457 MB                 ***runing nice ****

Available process memory:
  Private low memory:         100 MB
  Private high memory:      1 792 MB
  Shared low memory:            0 MB
  Shared high memory:         421 MB

[C:\]

saludos

Eduardo Vila Echagüe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 03:17:05 pm »
Paul,

You have left unanswered Neil's comment about dictionaries. In the URL you mention, all the languages use files with the same names. You cannot copy them together to the hunspell folder. And then, how are them installed? The readme says using npm, but npm is not available in OS2.

How would I add a dictionary?
[/quote]

And what are the dictionaries for? I have read documents in English, French and Spanish quite well, with no dictionaries installed.

Eduardo

Until the downloading is fixed - copy the appropriate language file from https://github.com/wooorm/dictionaries/tree/main/dictionaries into ./share/hunspell

For others, the qt5core fix is linked from https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtbase-os2/issues/121

Cheers,

Paul
[/quote]

I copied all the files into ./share/hunspell, but it still doesn't know English. I wonder if there should be a sub-directory structure to support different languages?
[/quote]

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2020, 09:26:38 am »
Hi Eduardo,

You have left unanswered Neil's comment about dictionaries. In the URL you mention, all the languages use files with the same names. You cannot copy them together to the hunspell folder. And then, how are them installed? The readme says using npm, but npm is not available in OS2.

And what are the dictionaries for? I have read documents in English, French and Spanish quite well, with no dictionaries installed.

If I haven't answered, it's because I don't know. I compiled this software after a discussion on OCR in a mailing list. I have no real need for it myself. In terms of the dictionary, I assume after the OCR, if a dictionary is installed,  it will spell check to improve the accuracy.

Cheers,

Paul

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2020, 03:34:29 pm »
Is there a configure/cmake option to use the system Hunspell?

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2020, 08:38:55 pm »
Hi Eduardo,

If I haven't answered, it's because I don't know. I compiled this software after a discussion on OCR in a mailing list. I have no real need for it myself. In terms of the dictionary, I assume after the OCR, if a dictionary is installed,  it will spell check to improve the accuracy.

Cheers,

Paul

I asked for just that reason. Recognition is pretty good, but if spell check were added, it might have been better. I'm not really in need of OCR, but if I was, this program is very promising. I tried some of the same inputs for Recognita and I did not get good results. It is hard to prepare files for input to Recognita. gImageReader takes almost anything.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2020, 06:05:59 am »
Hi Eduardo,

Cheers,

Paul

I asked for just that reason. Recognition is pretty good, but if spell check were added, it might have been better. I'm not really in need of OCR, but if I was, this program is very promising. I tried some of the same inputs for Recognita and I did not get good results. It is hard to prepare files for input to Recognita. gImageReader takes almost anything.

I'll try and look at this again at some point, but right now, my priority is fixing my updated Uniaud32 build...

andreas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 11:27:44 pm »
finally managed to get the program running and also setting german as a language. last part was quite difficult.
i just put all language files in every possible folder:
Home\.config\enchant - not the right one
Home\.config\hunspell - not the right one
GImageReader\....\ - not the right one
usr\share\myspell - not sure - after removing them i got a trap (waiting wich chkdsk right now ...)

i set: D:\tessadata\share\ and D:\tessadata\share\hunspell

it seems that they are actually the right places to put the language data (maybe also usr/share/myspell is neccessary)

OCR itself worked fine.
strange: Copying to clipboard does not work, clipboard remains empty first time. With the next scan
i can see the text of the previous scan in the clipboard.

getting so far cost me quite a few traps. still happy to have it running now.

edit:
unfortunatelly i was celebrating too early. for some unkown reason i now get constantly a trap, when using the program, though i haven't changed anything..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 10:53:42 pm by andreas »