Author Topic: How to reinstall Samba Client?  (Read 5725 times)

Eric Erickson

• View Profile
How to reinstall Samba Client?
« on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:10 pm »
On a previous post I listed an issue with using ArcaMapper and Samba on a V5.0.5 system. I've tracked down the issue to it being something else I've installed, that seems to have broken it. So as a first attempt, I'm going to try and re-install of Samba. Well I did an uninstall of the V4.11 Samba client via ANPN, but now I don't have any samba versions available for re-install.

So how can I re-install the original version of samba that came off my ArcaOs V5.0.5 DVD?

TIA.

Pete

• View Profile
Re: How to reinstall Samba Client?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:18:32 pm »
Hi Eric

Probably by using [DVD]:\CID\SERVER\SAMBA\SAMBA.WPI - I say probably as I do not use samba myself.

Regards

Pete

Doug Bissett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:48:37 pm »
Probably by using [DVD]:\CID\SERVER\SAMBA\SAMBA.WPI

That is the SAMBA SERVER. ArcaMapper is in \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\ARCAMAP.WPI. The client is in \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\NDFS.ZIP and \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\NDPSMB.ZIP. There may actually be something else.

Since you uninstalled ArcaMapper, you should just need to re-install it. The rest would be more complicated to un/install.

Eric Erickson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 10:42:21 pm »

That is the SAMBA SERVER. ArcaMapper is in \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\ARCAMAP.WPI. The client is in \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\NDFS.ZIP and \CID\SERVER\ARCAPKG\NDPSMB.ZIP. There may actually be something else.

Since you uninstalled ArcaMapper, you should just need to re-install it. The rest would be more complicated to un/install.
What I actually uninstalled was Samba via ANPM, I was then (unpleasantly) surprised that it then disappeared from the list of available packages. Let me give those a try and see if I can get it back.

Sandra Asja Eickel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 12:25:18 am »
The system installation uses a repository which resides on the installation media.
After installation, this repository is disabled in ANPM/YUM (you don't want to have the PC trying to access a DVD which is likely not present during each start of ANPM and contains more or less outdated software).
You can Manage your Repositories... with a right click ...

This doesn't need to help with Samba, but you could also install netlabs-exp and disable it afterwards (sometimes new stuff on netlabs-rel requires something from netlabs-exp - but that should be reported and after that it's usually fixed in a few days).

Greetings,
Sandra-Asja

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 12:49:23 am »

What I actually uninstalled was Samba via ANPM, I was then (unpleasantly) surprised that it then disappeared from the list of available packages. Let me give those a try and see if I can get it back.

Try this. Start the Arca Noae Package Manager (YUM).

Under the MANAGE > YUM tools > Quick install...

Type in

Yum install samba-client

and click OK and see what happens.