Public Discussions > General Discussion

hobbes.nmsu.edu information

<< < (2/2)

Ian Manners:
More work 'might' be done to hobbes soon, part of our submission was for the scripts to accept some other archive formats such as rar and 7z but lets face it, how many people use some of the other formats these days ?

I think its a good idea to stick to zip, wpi, or exe files as most people have WPI installed, and all OS/2 - eCS users have unzip (as provided with base OS/2). RAR is also ok as its increased in use.

99.99% of tar files uploaded to hobbes incoming are dodgy files, so I dont think there is much interest in keeping that as an acceptable file extension.

On the file case, yes, files were all converted to lowercase when they are moved by the scripts on the old hobbes server, I haven't checked I assume its the same with the current hobbes server. The input scripts that handle this DO look for identical filenames case wise, with the relevant txt extension, this is also a great way to remove dodgy files which don't have a descriptions file.  It shouldn't be to hard to modify the scripts to convert then check, or even do a [aA] on identifying files but that's up to NMSU.edu.

I'll add the file case stuff to my list and pass along, that's a good idea :)

Pete:
Hi Andreas

I think your statement regarding case is wrong.

To test I suggest you search for USBcfg which gives 3 results here.

Regards

Pete

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Pete on December 10, 2013, 04:24:32 pm ---Hi Andreas

I think your statement regarding case is wrong.

To test I suggest you search for USBcfg which gives 3 results here.

--- End quote ---

Strange. I thought I'd seen the case conversion on moving from incoming to the
destination dir several times, but apparently I'm wrong. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version