Author Topic: Problem with SNAP resulution  (Read 14231 times)

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
Re: Problem with SNAP resulution
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2020, 04:28:58 pm »
I have found a very simple workaround for my ArcaOS 5.0.6 problem where 1600x1200 is used instead of 1920x1200: I have simply installed an elder SNAP version from here:
https://ecsoft2.org/scitech-snap-graphics

and all works fine!
I only had to press a lot of times "YES" because old files have to be copied over newer files.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2020, 05:13:04 pm »
You should open an issue with Arca Noae as it sounds like a clear regression.

Alfredo Fernández Díaz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 10:38:13 pm »
You should open an issue with Arca Noae as it sounds like a clear regression.
Exactly.

The reason why replacing the contents of c:\snap and c:\os2\drivers\snap did not work is because SNAP puts files all around the place in the system directories (C:\OS2, C:\OS2\DLL, C:\OS2\HELP...). The safest way to deal with this is uninstalling SNAP, then installing the version you want. It lives in \CID\SERVER\SNAP within your ArcaOS iso, just as it did in eCS 2.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 06:02:42 pm »
But meanwhile, I realized that I need to register SNAP. But I cannot register anymore The page www.scitechsoft.com is no more available, and registering makes no sense anymore because SNAP is part of ArcaOS. How to manage this problem now?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 06:09:53 pm »
The version on Hobbes, https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/drivers/video/snap-os2-3.1.8.zip should include a serial number to register.

Martin Vieregg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 11:09:28 am »
OK, there's a text file with the registration code. But where can I enter the registration code? I didn't find anything in the Screen Notebook.

Andi B.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2021, 12:31:27 pm »
IIRC there's a register.exe in \snap\.

Did you ever try to reinstall the Arca Noae version? I think it's a known issue with ArcaOS that you have to do that. Probably noted in the wiki too. Arca Noae version don't need to be registered. Not sure if you have to deinstall the other version before. Or manually delete the hidden file in root.

David Kiley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 11:31:19 am »
I have found a very simple workaround for my ArcaOS 5.0.6 problem where 1600x1200 is used instead of 1920x1200: I have simply installed an elder SNAP version from here:
https://ecsoft2.org/scitech-snap-graphics

and all works fine!
I only had to press a lot of times "YES" because old files have to be copied over newer files.

Your problem is a documented issue with SNAP (that I recently had to deal with myself) - that ArcaOS is not fully installing snap and you need to finish it.
From the documentation:

Also note that on some systems when installing SNAP during an ArcaOS install, there may be an issue
  setting the resolution and/or using the Advanced button. On systems with this issue, you must
  reinstall SNAP after the ArcaOS installation has finished.

Open a command window, change directory to
  \CID\SERVER\SNAP on your install media and type

setup SNAP

Your fix will work too but if you want to have the arcaos version of snap then just run the above.