OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Networking

patched AFINETK.SYS: anyone willing to test ?

(1/4) > >>

Lars:
There are quite a few bug reports in the AN bug tracker regarding AFINETK.SYS crashing with a trap.

I have now taken a stab in the dark and patched AFINETK.SYS (following a suspicion that I have, it's trial and error) and would like to know from anyone having experienced traps in AFINETK.SYS if that improves the situation and reduces or removes any traps you may have with AFINETK.SYS.

Please not that I left AFINET.SYS unmodified but I guess nobody uses this driver any more (and it's superseded by AFINETK.SYS for any kernel that supports KEE which is about any kernel in use by now).

Let me know by private message where to send it to in case you are interested.

Lars

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I don't have experienced any trap on this driver yet, but I just want to let the public know what "AFINETK.SYS" is for, just in case.  ;D
Any more input for that EDM/2 page is welcome. I will be willing to try it out on my test VM.

This file is the 32-bit TCP/IP Protocol Drivers using the KEE API introduced with WSeB and Fixpak 13 for Warp 4.

Thanks Lars.

Lars:
AFINETK.SYS is the TCPIP protocol driver. It interacts with SOCKETSK.SYS which is the sockets driver.
The TCPIP stack is accessed via sockets.

guzzi:
I have had the occasional trap in afinetk.sys, but they are few and far in between. So few that I'm not sure if testing is useful.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hey Lars,

Sent you a PM.

Yeah, I'd like to take a stab at this. I used to run the MMRE drivers for my RealTek NIC, but once I moved to fibre I discovered that they would trap and the trap always was in the AFINETK.SYS driver. So while the R8169 driver appears to work fine, it is good for only this particular hardware combination I have at the moment.

thanks,
-Dariusz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version