OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

QT5 simplebrowser

<< < (38/44) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I just checked the Bitwise site and it says "As of 05.08.2021 we collected 46880 €.", which is 96% of the 49000 € goal.
It is a record for the community raising that money and I had taken a lot of effort from all (the community and Bitwise). I really hope to see some public beta soon.

Regards

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on August 05, 2021, 04:54:21 pm ---Hi

I just checked the Bitwise site and it says "As of 05.08.2021 we collected 46880 €.", which is 96% of the 49000 € goal.
It is a record for the community raising that money and I had taken a lot of effort from all (the community and Bitwise). I really hope to see some public beta soon.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Keep in mind that the 49.000 Euro was an estimate.  More smaller setbacks have been encountered.
But you can follow this on the different Git pages of bitwise works.
Currently a new LIBC version is being worked to fix more issue's for the browser. But we are moving closer.
The clipboard support (copy paste) is next on the schedule. So I am hoping next week somewhere a first beta can be send out to the first group of people. Making the new Otter Browser the first RPM based browser to be installable on OS/2.

It should be noted that you need ACPI 03.23.16 or higher. From what I understand this is because of some update to the highres timer.
Also ArcaOS kernel 14.203 will be required to prevent your system from crashing.  But this will be documented in the readme file.
Note that the webkit dll (about 240 MB) needs to be loaded high. So you need a kernel that supports this!

Roderick

Eduardo Vila Echagüe:
Roderick,

How can I qualify to be in the first group that receives the beta?. For the last month I have been using the QT5 simple browser for most of my day to day transactions, including my 2 bank and 3 email accounts. Also I have been able to purchase in different stores paying with my credit card.

I run native ArcaOS 5.0.6 and at the most I start my Windows 7 once per week.

And of course I have done modest contributions to the project compatible with my age and income.

Eduardo Vila Echague
Santiago, Chile
Former IBM Chile Software Manager

Martin Iturbide:
Hello

FYI: Bitwise works collected the "49000 €" donation initially required according to it's webpage.
- https://www.bitwiseworks.com/

This is a never seen record for the community and it took efforts and time of all of us.

I'm really looking forward to see Qt5 stabilize and the new browser, so future projects can be suggested by Bitwise works.

Regards

Roderick Klein:
The 49.000 Euro was an estimate, in the mean time loads of other DLL's where updated and added to make the new browser.
As for the beta program I am picking up on that again...

Things have slowed down mainly because of me... I have been having some things happen in my personal live that took away my attention from the browser.  Silvan and Herwig have both had to deal with a private issue.

And while funding has flowed into the webshop of BWW donations via OS2VOICE have mostly dried up. Also duo to my private situation but in genereal the level of donations has been dropping. This has resulted in Dmitry also seeking other work. I can only we say, we warned of this impending issue...

Anyway the browser beta is moving forward again!

Roderick Klein

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version