OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

QT5 simplebrowser

<< < (2/44) > >>

Dave Yeo:
I've got it fairly stable by marking the DLLs to load high and increasing my VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT to 3072. Had a hard time marking QT5WebC.dll, kept hanging the computer until I copied it to my HPFS formatted ram drive.
It is a memory hog, even in single process mode. This may have caused the bus error.
It displays most everything I've tried, does well on the HTML5 test. Unluckily it is slow. Trying to play a YouTube video was frustrating just waiting for the ads to finish, it was running at perhaps a quarter frame a second, very low CPU usage though.
For now it'll be handy for the odd page that doesn't display and should only get better. Besides the speed issue, stuff like pasting a URL doesn't work here, little well drag'n'dropping one. Full screen isn't available on YouTube and it an extremely simple browser. I expect the backend will improve and we'll get better front ends.

Roderick Klein:
A new version of highmem.exeis in the pipeline.

Copy/paste, video playback and lack of sound known and currently known undocumented issue's.
This is an internal beta we where still testing.

Roderick

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 11, 2020, 06:41:25 am ---I've got it fairly stable by marking the DLLs to load high and increasing my VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT to 3072. Had a hard time marking QT5WebC.dll, kept hanging the computer until I copied it to my HPFS formatted ram drive.
It is a memory hog, even in single process mode. This may have caused the bus error.
It displays most everything I've tried, does well on the HTML5 test. Unluckily it is slow. Trying to play a YouTube video was frustrating just waiting for the ads to finish, it was running at perhaps a quarter frame a second, very low CPU usage though.
For now it'll be handy for the odd page that doesn't display and should only get better. Besides the speed issue, stuff like pasting a URL doesn't work here, little well drag'n'dropping one. Full screen isn't available on YouTube and it an extremely simple browser. I expect the backend will improve and we'll get better front ends.

--- End quote ---

Download highmem.jpg and rename to highmem.exe. This fixes the hang on webkitc.dll.

Roderick

David Graser:

--- Quote from: Roderick Klein on November 11, 2020, 09:10:13 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on November 11, 2020, 06:41:25 am ---I've got it fairly stable by marking the DLLs to load high and increasing my VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT to 3072. Had a hard time marking QT5WebC.dll, kept hanging the computer until I copied it to my HPFS formatted ram drive.

--- End quote ---

Download highmem.jpg and rename to highmem.exe. This fixes the hang on webkitc.dll.

Roderick

--- End quote ---

I replaced, the highmen.exe in my Apache open office and it could be my imagination, but open office appears to open faster than previously.

Dave Yeo:
Likely your imagination unless you hadn't marked the DLLs previously. IIRC, highmem.exe only changes a bit or 2 in the header of the DLL. The new highmem is much faster at marking, I think the old one read the whole DLL and the new one, just the beginning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version