OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

ODBC VX-Rexx/DBExpert

(1/4) > >>

Per E. Johannessen:
Does anyone have experience using the dBase IV/ODBC driver that is bundled with DBExpert under VX-Rexx?
Simple queries work fine from VX-Rexx, but when I try SQL commands like 'INNER JOIN' and 'AS' I get various errors.
Even if I create the SQL in DBExpert, where it runs perfectly, using exactly the same sql-query in VX-Rexx results in errors.

Andreas Schnellbacher:
I don't have experience with this VX-REXX extension, but for me Mark Hessling's REXX/SQL package has always worked.

Per E. Johannessen:
Had a look at RexxSQL but it seems that it needs an ODBC driver for connecting to the dBase files and I only have the drivers and manager
that were supplied with DBExpert. Suspect that these drivers are somehow modified to fully work with DBE only.

Does anyone know where I can obtain fully working ODBC drivers ?

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Per,

--- Quote from: Per E. Johannessen on November 13, 2020, 03:47:04 pm ---...Does anyone know where I can obtain fully working ODBC drivers ?

--- End quote ---

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for, but G:\OS2\APPS\BIN\ODBCADM.EXE appears to be an ODBC Administration utility. On my machine it does nothing, simply because no such connections are defined. Beyond this though, I wonder if some of the database packaged may in fact contain such drivers?

Per E. Johannessen:
I don't have ODBCADM.EXE in os2\apps\bin, however the one I use is \dbexpert\odbcadm.exe and it works ok.
Think the problem is with the odbc.dll so it would be nice to find out what SQL commands it supports, and/or find out what's blocking
VX-Rexx from using all the functions.

You mentioned that your odbcadm.exe does nothing. Doesn't it even bring up the dialog window where you can define databases etc.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version