Author Topic: Vsio2k  (Read 5096 times)

Rick Smith

• View Profile
Vsio2k
« on: November 14, 2020, 08:23:59 am »
Greetings,

Has anyone successfully got ray gwinns virtual drivers to work on arca? I’ve installed it no issues but cannot figure out how to get bbs to listen for incoming telnet.. vmodem shows comm ports no option to set say port 23 for telnet?

Anyone try and have luck with this?

Rick

bazmyslik

Re: Vsio2k
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 02:05:30 am »
Greetings,

Has anyone successfully got ray gwinns virtual drivers to work on arca? I’ve installed it no issues but cannot figure out how to get bbs to listen for incoming telnet.. vmodem shows comm ports no option to set say port 23 for telnet?

Rick

This is how I got it and FrontDoor automatically responds to VM 3 and 4.

device=C:\SIOeCS\vmodem.sys logfile=C:\SIOeCS\sio2k.log NoPause nPorts=2
device=C:\SIOeCS\uart.sys logfile=C:\SIOeCS\sio2k.log
device=C:\SIOeCS\sio2k.sys logfile=C:\SIOeCS\sio2k.log
device=C:\SIOeCS\vsio2k.sys logfile=C:\SIOeCS\vsio2k.log vIrqList(3,4)

bazmyslik

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 02:09:48 am »
Greetings,

Rick

It must still be in TCPIP \ bin \ tcpexit.cmd (start /win /min c:\SIOeCS\vmodem.exe)

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:16:27 am »
Greetings,

Rick

It must still be in TCPIP \ bin \ tcpexit.cmd (start /win /min c:\SIOeCS\vmodem.exe)

I have the above setup in config.sys as you suggested.  However I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean about that it must be in tcpip? Could you expand on that?

Regards,

Rick

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 05:31:17 pm »
Hi Rick, in X:\tcpip\bin is tcpstart.cmd that is run at startup and at the end it looks for tcpexit.cmd and if found, runs it. So you have to probably create x:\tcpip\bin\tcpexit.cmd and add start /win /min x:\SIOeCS\vmodem.exe to it adjusting the PATHS as needed.

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 07:02:12 pm »
Hi Rick, in X:\tcpip\bin is tcpstart.cmd that is run at startup and at the end it looks for tcpexit.cmd and if found, runs it. So you have to probably create x:\tcpip\bin\tcpexit.cmd and add start /win /min x:\SIOeCS\vmodem.exe to it adjusting the PATHS as needed.

Thank you so much for your assistance, I was able to get that setup as is above and vmodem starts without error... front door start without complaining about lack of fosssil so getting closer. However front door still exits complaining about unable to initialize modem, exiting {debug} memused=9120! I must be overlooking something here?

Regards,

Rick

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 06:08:05 am »
Greetings,

Ok so I got front door to initialize. I deleted command string from modem init string and it connects to vmodem... I do have a couple function questions.  So vmodem has 4 com ports, fd tho only lets me set one com port for modem ie. Com 4, will it accept calls on other coms? Or can that be set to 0 or something so it answers on any? Can fd be set to faster than 38400?

Thankyou everyone for all your help with this!

Regards,

Rick

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 09:53:41 am »
Greetings,

Anyone willing to share their fdnode.Ctl with me?

Regards,

Rick