Author Topic: Snap Vs Panorama - Refresh rate problem.  (Read 11109 times)

David Kiley

• View Profile
Re: Snap Vs Panorama - Refresh rate problem.
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2020, 08:47:56 pm »
Incidentally, I have a dell inspiron with a TFT display that for the first time is not giving me headaches (installed linux on it). Not sure what is different on it since iv'e tried several other similar displays. I thought my eyes are maybe too sensitive since they are light green when maybe brown eyes have more shade to them.
I envy people with better eyes!
Also iv'e noticed that amoled phone screens don't give me any headaches while TFT phone screens do. Amoled uses phosphors similar to CRT, so they are compatible technology other than the fact that CRTs have a gun that lights up the Phosphors whereas Amoled lights up the panel more directly.
Weird world.

David Kiley

• View Profile
Re: Snap Vs Panorama - Refresh rate problem.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 09:28:57 am »
Well just to give an update for other people with the same problem - this is a known bug that snap doesn't fully install on some systems:

Also note that on some systems when installing SNAP during an ArcaOS install, there may be an issue
  setting the resolution and/or using the Advanced button. On systems with this issue, you must
  reinstall SNAP after the ArcaOS installation has finished. Open a command window, change directory to
  \CID\SERVER\SNAP on your install media and type

setup SNAP

So that installed the latest snap fully and resolved the refresh rate issue. You have to say yes several times to overwriting the files.

My ArcaOS support person seemed pretty annoyed at me since I missed the above in the help documents & i didn't check the already like 5 other tickets with the same problem.. opps. ???

But apparently i'm not the only ArcaOS users using crt monitors lol!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 09:32:04 am by David Kiley »