Author Topic: again on Uniaud  (Read 17193 times)

mauro

• View Profile
Re: again on Uniaud
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 07:55:40 am »
Just to add, you have to unzip these packages into temp dirs, change to these and run "minstall /*".
right, it was mentioned in the readme   :)
Being a USB driver , means I have to connect an USB audio device to listen ?

[edit] have installed the drivers and plugged an USB audio card, enabled it as USB device in the guest machine (by the Vbox Device menu), connected my hearphones,  in the OS2 Multimedia Panel selected the USB Adapter Wave 2 : I can hear something also in the youtube video playing, the sound is very fragmented and the video play with a poor frame rate.  The sound fragmentation also happens in wav system audio events, mp4 video with vlc and mp3 audio. Basically it would work but maybe my specific usb audio device is a bottleneck, or maybe the Virtualbox USB filters, or whatever . Standing this situation, is too complicated finding what's preventing to get a decent sound with these drivers (hardware, software, virtualization, exc...)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:01:20 pm by mauro »

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 08:47:15 pm »
USB audio does not properly work in VirtualBox and it must be a problem with Virtualbox as it works natively. Of course, you need to connect a USB audio device to use USB audio.
But that's not where this discussion started.
I just wanted to state that the USB audio driver package contains an application to properly switch between different audio devices. This has nothing to do with USB audio as such.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2020, 04:26:50 am »
I just wanted to state that the USB audio driver package contains an application to properly switch between different audio devices. This has nothing to do with USB audio as such.

Pretty sure that Rich wrote one for AOS as well. Haven't tried either.

mauro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2020, 08:24:38 am »

I just wanted to state that the USB audio driver package contains an application to properly switch between different audio devices.
Understand. How can I find it to have a look ?  I actually switch between different audio devices in the Multimedia Panel

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2020, 12:43:48 pm »

Pretty sure that Rich wrote one for AOS as well. Haven't tried either.

They have added an automatism to switch to a USB device as default WAV device if one is inserted. I don't know how that integrates but it should not conflict with manual device selection (my solution would override the automatism).

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2020, 12:49:14 pm »

I just wanted to state that the USB audio driver package contains an application to properly switch between different audio devices.
Understand. How can I find it to have a look ?  I actually switch between different audio devices in the Multimedia Panel
The switching as initially implemented does not work anymore. The reason is the introduction of DART and the new ampmix device that was invented as a result. It is no longer sufficient to just set the default wave device (in fact,that no longer has any effect at all) but the default ampmix device has to be set.
My solution integrates with the Multimedia Object and will insert an additional front page that will be directly visible if you open the Multimedia Object.