OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

USB Scanners and ArcaOS

(1/15) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

Does anybody has some good experience with USB scanner under ArcaOS?
If so, Can you please let me know which scanner, drivers, tricks and software are you using?

I want to give it a try some USB scanners that I have around .

Regards

Paul Smedley:
Sane should be a good option - iirc Epson and canon are pretty well supported.

Pete:
Hi Martin

I had a Canon LiDE20 working with sane and Tame/2 (sane 1.0.27 seems to be the package I was using). This was a while back but I think the scanner used the plustek.conf file and setup within Tame/2 was fairly automatic.

HP scanners should work as long as the scanner model is listed in the models.dat file supplied with the hplip package and HPscan provides a basic frontend that works with the required hpaio: uri  - https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/?dir=%2F&stype=all&sort=type_name&search=hpscan

Regards

Pete

Ian Manners:
Using Paul Smedley's SANE v1.0.27 build from 21st March 2019.
And
USBRESMG.SYS (5th June 2006)
  Signature:       @#Froloff&Son:1.6#@  OS/2 USB Resource Manager
  Vendor:          Froloff&Son
  Revision:        1.06
  File Version:    1.6
  Description:     OS/2 USB Resource Manager
with matching USBCALLS.DLL (5th June 2006).

I've never been able to get SANE working with the latest versions of USBRESMG.SYS and USBCALLS.DLL.
but then I've also gone back to 16bit USB drivers as the 32bit ones do not print to my HP Deskjet 9300 unless it is turned on first when the computer is booted.

Scanners known to work.
======================
  Epson Perfection 1240U (USB)
  Epson Perfection 1660 Photo (USB)
  HP ScanJet 2200C (USB)
  HP ScanJet 3300C (USB)
  HP ScanJet 5200C (USB & SCSI)
  HP ScanJet 3C (SCSI)
  HP ScanJet 4C (SCSI)
  Canon CanoScan 3200F (USB)

PS, the HP ScanJet 4C and Epson Perfection 1660 Photo where originally from Paul Smedley :)

David McKenna:
 Hi Martin,

Been using an ancient Epson Perfection 2480 photo scanner with ArcaOS and BWW's 1.0.28 version of SANE with Tame without any problems. It was a bit tricky to get working, but once sorted out works well.

Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version