OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Hardware Wiki report

<< < (2/5) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks Ivan.

I fixed the issue. Here it is the link for the Brother ADS-1600W (Scanner).

I lack a lot of experience with printers drivers. I will need to read more about it, and everybody is welcome to write some quick article for the wiki on tips on how to install printer drivers in 2021 :)

On these days I got these reports:
-  Lenovo Thinkpad E585‎‎
- Lenovo Thinkpad E575

Regards

ivan:
Hi Martin,

Just a preliminary note about my new computer based on a MSI B550-A Pro motherboard with a third generation Ryzen 3 Pro 4350G processor.

So far it works well with a lot of USB 3 ports and using a small hard disk while I wait for the M.2 SSD/SATA and extra memory to arrive in the mail.

MSI say it will only work with win 10, by that I assume they mean their supplied software will on work with win 10 because ArcaOS is running fine.  I will make a full report when I have everything assembled, that is when the parts arrive.  In the mean time I am going over the desktop to change all the folders to having the icons 'as placed' and to not 'maintain sort order' - why that isn't selectable during install Ill never know.

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks Ivan

Let me know if the M.2 SSD/SATA will work once you get it.
If you want, you can post the PCI.exe report so I can create the wiki page for that mainboard.

Regards

ivan:
Attached the PCI report but it looks as if I need a newer pcidevs file.

The M.2 SSD/sata is the same as the one I have working in the ASRock B450M Pro 4 unit with the second gen Ryzen processor so I don't expect any problems with it.

The biggest problem is going through the uefi setup screens and how they interact with each other - miss one setting and performance goes to pot, just look at the block diagram to see what 'fun' it is.

Dave Yeo:
Latest pcidevs file should be at http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version