Author Topic: ArcaOS Yum updates question  (Read 4421 times)

David Kiley

• View Profile
ArcaOS Yum updates question
« on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:22 am »
Just curious - if you keep your subscription active - does running yum updates upgrade your arcaos to new releases automatically (for example if 5.5 comes out).
Or do you need to install from the ISO every time a major update is released, and yum updates is only for updating software in your existing installed release only?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:48:14 am by David Kiley »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Re: ArcaOS Yum updates question
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 02:58:36 pm »
Hi David

For ArcaOS updates you need to download the ISO and run the update procedure by booting the ISO file (DVD or USB Flash). For what I know no internal components of the OS or AN drivers are available to be updated from yum or ANPM.

Separate components like ACPI drivers, USB, etc are available for download on the Arca Noae webpage after you logon.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Kiley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 09:18:43 am »
Hi David

For ArcaOS updates you need to download the ISO and run the update procedure by booting the ISO file (DVD or USB Flash).
Ah, thanks for explaining how it works. That makes sense :).

Dariusz Piatkowski

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 04:51:07 pm »
David,

AOS also has a separate RPM repo (one of several actually), that being arcanoa-sub, where I believe the intent is to eventually locate various packages that only those with software subscription are entitled to.

Now, do not hold me to all of the above being 100% spot-on, but right now that repo only has three packages in there: couple of printer "drivers" and a utility install application. So I think that's very much work in progress at the moment.

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 04:32:39 pm »
Greetings,

I have a question along these lines.. seems lately every time I open anpm I am prompted for my credentials for the subscription repositories, it didn’t used to do this it stored them when I added the repository? Any idea on how to repair this? It’s not the end of the world but is annoying

Regards

Rick

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 05:51:43 pm »
That's a known bug that is fixed in the next release, probably soon.