OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

JRUN - Looking for Guinea pig(s)

(1/6) > >>

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Hello,

I'd like to ask you for help to test a rather advanced script I've created to aid launch of java applications.
The goal is to make it as easy to install a java app as click on a .jar/.class file.

The script can use OpenJDK 6 and Java 4 in parallel. (See README)

Please do tell me what alterations/adjustments and additions you make to the script as well as faults and problems.

Regards,
//Jan-Erik

Remember: If something goes wrong, it's your fault!

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS 'AS IS' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Jan-Erik Lärka:
Seem like everyone that has downloaded it can make it work... right?

So,what have you tested so far?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
//Jan-Erik

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Jan

Let me know if I understand how it works.
You run JRUN.CMD, it will find your java runtime, put an icon on the desktop, find your .jar file and create a icon on the desktop.

I tried it with "jdiskreport-1.3.1_os2.jar" and it created an icon on my desktop. The icon worked to run the program.

When I download a new .jar file, what should I run to make it scan for .jar file again, for it to create the icon on the desktop?

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Ohh. I just noticed that the OpenJDK 6 icon created was also associated to .jar files, so that is the way to create the desktop icon.
Regards

ivan:
Just one observation.  There should be some way to specify what drives to search - reason, I let it run for several hours while it searched one of my NAS boxes, it never did complete because I killed it before it got to the next NAS box with even larger drives in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version