Author Topic: WebCam Driver Question  (Read 47773 times)

Igor

• View Profile
Re: WebCam Driver Question
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2022, 06:59:41 pm »
Hi Wim,

Thank you for your work. This version earned. The first launch was with a video stream error. The second launch was with an audio stream error - the sound looked at one repeating click to which I tried to check the microphone.

However, from the third launch - everything worked correctly and there is sound. The fourth launch also showed excellent results.
However, the sound disappears after a few minutes of using the camera. Video - continues to work.
To restore audio, a restart of the receiver program (wmaudio) is required.

Wim Brul

• View Profile
    • Wim's home page
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2022, 12:22:02 pm »
Hallo Igor,
Hi Wim,

Thank you for your work. This version earned. The first launch was with a video stream error. The second launch was with an audio stream error - the sound looked at one repeating click to which I tried to check the microphone.
You could try various sample frequencies. For example use /a16000 or /a44100 ' dependent upon what sampling frequencies your audio drivers support.

However, from the third launch - everything worked correctly and there is sound. The fourth launch also showed excellent results.
However, the sound disappears after a few minutes of using the camera. Video - continues to work.
You told me earlier that you were using webcam.exe version "W.M.Brul:00.20210214" but that version is not the latest.
The one that I have sent you, is based on the latest version from WebCam10.zip on my website, which is "W.M.Brul:10.20220127".
So perhaps your wmaudio.exe and wmvideo.exe  are not the latest version too.
See here: UVC Webcam Server for OS/2 (ArcaOS,eComStation).

To restore audio, a restart of the receiver program (wmaudio) is required.
Right. After a restart of webcam.exe a restart of wmaudio.exe is always required.

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2022, 04:34:23 pm »
Hi Wim,

Thank you. I updated the programs to the version you specified.
The program wmaudio outputs sound from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then the last fragment is repeated forever. After restarting the program wmaudio, the sound is restored and works for some time. Not more than a minute. The server webcam.exe does not need to be restarted. It works correctly.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2022, 09:10:10 pm »
Hi Wim,

Thank you. I updated the programs to the version you specified.
The program wmaudio outputs sound from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Then the last fragment is repeated forever. After restarting the program wmaudio, the sound is restored and works for some time. Not more than a minute. The server webcam.exe does not need to be restarted. It works correctly.

What did you before having sound issue ?
Did you try your webcam with all other programs stopped ?

(I've got the symptom you describe when audio driver has to handle mutiple sources)
ex: Out of webcam + pm123 or pm123 + youtube or wps playing audio + other audio programs...

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2022, 10:24:27 pm »
Hi Remy,

What did you before having sound issue ?
Did you try your webcam with all other programs stopped ?

(I've got the symptom you describe when audio driver has to handle mutiple sources)
ex: Out of webcam + pm123 or pm123 + youtube or wps playing audio + other audio programs...

Before I got the problem with the sound, I tried several times to start the video server program, because it starts correctly for me only on the third try. And always on the third try.

No other sound programs were active during the test. The only thing I can notice is the system sounds when the camera is connected. However, in this case, I did not disconnect the camera and did not reconnect it. It has been attached before.

Remy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2022, 11:39:17 pm »
May be you can give a try recording video+sound using ffmpeg and check if the sound problem exist too !

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2022, 11:35:54 pm »
May be you can give a try recording video+sound using ffmpeg and check if the sound problem exist too !

ffmpeg correctly records video with sound over 2 minutes. This is amazing.