OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Games

Hearts Card Game

(1/3) > >>

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I'm trying to learn the Hearts card game.

Tellie ported hearts and I had installed from the netlabs-exp repository.  "yum install hearts".
I'm experiencing an issue, when you select File->New, it takes a long time from the cards to shuffle and being put in your deck to deal the cards. Tellie is not experimenting that.

Can someone also try that game and let me know?

Regards

Update: Corrected my card gaming English.

David McKenna:
 Hi Martin,

I installed Hearts and took a look at it (don't know how to play it yet). It starts fine with a game ready to go. If I then do as you say and select File->New then yes, it places the new game cards VERY slowly. Not sure how it will do if I actually play the game offered when started is complete...

Regards,

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: David McKenna on January 21, 2021, 11:18:40 pm --- If I then do as you say and select File->New then yes, it places the new game cards VERY slowly.

--- End quote ---

That is exactly what I'm experiencing. On the hearts card game you have several shuffles (games?) until one player gets 100 points, then the game is over. When the next shuffle begins on this hearts game port, it also places the cards very slowly.

Regards

Dave Yeo:
Hi, each round (shuffle) is called a hand. I used to like playing hearts, where did Tellie post the game?

Andy Willis:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on January 22, 2021, 04:08:02 am ---Hi, each round (shuffle) is called a hand. I used to like playing hearts, where did Tellie post the game?

--- End quote ---
I haven't played it yet but installed it via RPM a couple weeks ago I guess it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version