WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

SIO2K Ray Gwinn

<< < (3/9) > >>

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: R.M. Klippstein on January 25, 2021, 11:58:26 pm ---Hi Robin I was working wirh I.B.M on OS/2.0 beta about the same time Ray put out his SIO drivers. I remember getting his drivers and I had them on 3 1/2 " Floppy Disks. I don't know if I still have them or not, I was living in the U.S. at the time and may have left or lost them up there, but I also have  a bunch of floppy's down here which I will "dig up" and see if I still have the drivers. This will take me some time but I will let you know if I come up with them. Whether they will still be readable or not is another question.

klipp

--- End quote ---
That would be wonderful. 98% of everything is legally purchased. I don't have SIO2K from 2002, because between 2000 and 2005 I was absent from FidoNet and BBS and after 2005 Ray Gwinn no longer worked and did not sell a license and this situation remained as follows :-(

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 25, 2021, 03:31:44 pm ---Hi Robin

Excuse me if I ask too much, but I was wondering what is your need for SIO2K, what is been used for? Just to see if we can find some workaround. Is the OS/2 machine requiring a modem or some specific serial device that requires SIO2K?

Regards

--- End quote ---

I need a V-Modem for eCS and ArcaOS. The VM uses FidoNet software FrontDoor for IP connections and BBS software PCBoard also for IP connections. These software were originally made only for communication with an analog modem, but they also work via a V-Modem. There is no software for V-Modem other than SIO2K for OS / 2 :-(

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 25, 2021, 05:53:00 pm ---Hi

Ray has replied to me that he cannot make licensed versions of SIO2K, since he lost the code that makes licensed versions.
I'm asking if he can turn SIO2K as "AS IS" freeware and if it can be possible to share the license code of someone with the community. I need his confirmation.

I'm not a user of SIO2K. How is the registration process? is it just including an serial number on the application or text file, or the binary has to be produced with the serial number?

Regards

--- End quote ---

If my memory serves me right, then after paying, Ray sent sio2k.sys directly to the customer. So everyone received their sio2k.sys

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Lars on January 25, 2021, 09:30:01 pm ---...or to change the code to remove the license check ...

--- End quote ---

My colleague and I have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years :-( Ray spent more time securing the license than his own functionality :-(

Pete:
Hi Robin

I think the version included with eComStation 1.1/1.2 was registered to eComStation (or Serenity Systems). Not sure if it will work on non-eCS systems but have attached it for you to try.

Regards

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version