Author Topic: SIO2K Ray Gwinn  (Read 33147 times)

Lars

• View Profile
Re: SIO2K Ray Gwinn
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 11:39:26 pm »
...or to change the code to remove the license check ...

My colleague and I have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years :-( Ray spent more time securing the license than his own functionality :-(
Of course it needs access to the code. But I thought Ray had agreed to that.

bazmyslik

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 01:54:54 am »
Hi Robin

I think the version included with eComStation 1.1/1.2 was registered to eComStation (or Serenity Systems). Not sure if it will work on non-eCS systems but have attached it for you to try.

Regards

Pete

I have all versions of eCS and of course I also tried this version of SIO2K from 1.2, but it is combed and does not work with VModem :-(

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 02:16:35 am »

My colleague and I have been trying unsuccessfully for 2 years :-( Ray spent more time securing the license than his own functionality :-(

IIRC, the problem was that Ray can't get downstairs to the basement or such anymore and was looking for someone local to help to get the source from storage or similar.

bazmyslik

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2021, 02:39:24 am »

I can understand that. I'm 71 and I also have problems remembering where I have it :-) In its place I would search and certainly find at least one registered version and add to those interested. There won't be many of them, I would say less than 10 :-)
IIRC, the problem was that Ray can't get downstairs to the basement or such anymore and was looking for someone local to help to get the source from storage or similar.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 03:10:11 am by Martin Iturbide »

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2021, 07:56:08 am »
I may have a registered copy of sio160d.  Not sure.  If anything, the trial version may be later than what some users have.  I am not sure if a key is required or his version is mailed working version.

I have uploaded the zip.

Just found a later version 2.  This may be the registered version.  Having never seen this version anywhere except in my archives, I believe this version may be the real McCoy, the registered updated version.   Version two had some major enhancements over 1.6.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:05:05 am by David Graser »

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 10:43:07 am »
I have the SIO2K version 11-14-00 - Beta 014 with beta tester key (256 ports). If there is a need and permission from Ray, I am ready to post it.

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 04:27:57 pm »
I have the SIO2K version 11-14-00 - Beta 014 with beta tester key (256 ports). If there is a need and permission from Ray, I am ready to post it.
I found that one as well, but when installed it claimed to be expired.  So not sure if I got ahold of a bad one?

Rick

Igor

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 04:54:26 pm »
I found that one as well, but when installed it claimed to be expired.  So not sure if I got ahold of a bad one?
I'm sorry, but I have no way to check it at all. No equipment available...

Harald Kamm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2021, 07:26:20 pm »
Just found a later version 2.  This may be the registered version.  Having never seen this version anywhere except in my archives, I believe this version may be the real McCoy, the registered updated version.   Version two had some major enhancements over 1.6.

The last available version was 2.03.

http://cyberia.dnsalias.com/cgi-bin/maxfind.exe?Action=Search&SearchStr=s2kv203.zip&DateButton=Month&DateStr=2020-12-29&MultiPage=0

Best, Harald

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2021, 08:48:49 pm »
Hi

I will like to get the registered versions of SIO and SIO2K to make it available at hobbes for free.  Like a told before Ray Gwinn authorized to share the registered versions of this software.

I have knowledge of these latest version:
- SIO version 1.60d, released March 17, 1997
- SIO2K version 2.03, released June 6, 2002.

I would like to get the registered versions of those latest releases, but for the moment any registered version is good for me.

For what I know there is no registration key, the registered version was a different compiled version. If someone can confirm I will appreciate it.

Regards
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:10:33 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

David Graser

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2021, 06:56:03 am »
Hi

I will like to get the registered versions of SIO and SIO2K to make it available at hobbes for free.  Like a told before Ray Gwinn authorized to share the registered versions of this software.

I would like to get the registered versions of those latest releases, but for the moment any registered version is good for me.

For what I know there is no registration key, the registered version was a different compiled version. If someone can confirm I will appreciate it.

Regards

The 2.02 version I uploaded is the unregistered version.  On bootup, it tells you it is unregistered.
The 2.03 version link is the shareware unregistered version.  Again  tells on on bootup.

In the docs, it states that a registered version can be downloaded when purchased, so there appears to be no key.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 07:49:56 am by David Graser »

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2021, 09:19:41 am »
Hi

Regards

There is an authorized hack/reg for 160d it’s called SIOREG.ZIP when I track it down I’ll upload it to you

Rick

Pete2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2021, 01:54:35 pm »
I was at one time a registered SIO2k user but had to revert to com.sys for reasons I can't remember any more(!) The attached file is a zip of the directory created by the installation. To install, unpack it where you want it to be and follow the instructions for manual installation in install.txt - basically just adding config.sys entries. I've tested this and the drivers seem to load ok, but I couldn't test with any hardware attached to the COM port.

Rick Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 02:36:44 am »
Hi

Regards

This is an author authorized registration for sio160d I do not believe it will work for sio2k however....

enjoy

Rick

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 11:50:56 am »
I was at one time a registered SIO2k user but had to revert to com.sys for reasons I can't remember any more(!) The attached file is a zip of the directory created by the installation. To install, unpack it where you want it to be and follow the instructions for manual installation in install.txt - basically just adding config.sys entries. I've tested this and the drivers seem to load ok, but I couldn't test with any hardware attached to the COM port.

If Ray Gwinn agreed to open up SIO2K for general use, I'd just repack the original install zip with all the files that there are in SIO2K.ZIP. As far as I understood from past discussion, the install (or rather the registration) process will modify the driver binaries with the registration info (which seems to leave the file dates intact ...).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:55:15 am by Lars »