WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

SIO2K Ray Gwinn

<< < (9/9)

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Fahrvenugen on March 11, 2021, 12:19:46 am ---
--- Quote from: Robin Karel Popper on March 10, 2021, 11:25:09 am ---
It is only a question of how two identical registered copies will behave against each other. Ray, if I remember correctly, had protection so that it would not work and thus prevent theft :-(

I'll verify it, but I need a few hours to get another computer up and running with ArcaOS.

--- End quote ---

Please do give it a try to verify, but from what I know it *should* work fine, at least the SIO2K version.

Keep in mind that while it is certainly functional and works well, from what I remember SIO2K was still considered by Ray to be in a beta/testing (but still good enough for paid registered versions) state at the time of 2.0.3.  One of the email exchanges that I had with him at the time suggested that he'd be okay with me installing it on more then one of my machines but didn't want me to distribute it to other people (which is why I wanted to be sure we had permission from Ray before just uploading it here).  As I mentioned earlier I was one of the few people providing him with Warp 3 testing / functionality feedback on the driver and had it installed on both my Warp 3 and 4 machines.  If there was to be a protection issue then I suspect he'd have indicated as such and I would probably have run into issues running the same driver on more then one machine.

Glad to hear it works for you!  It is always better to have something boot and not have to press the any key during bootup.

--- End quote ---

Bad news :-( I verified the connection of two computers with SIO2K obtained here and registered on Lorne Tyndale and two of the same S / N can not be used :-( Ray Gwin has it protected and therefore calmly gave consent to the distribution :-(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version