WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

SIO2K Ray Gwinn

<< < (2/9) > >>

Lars:
...or to change the code to remove the license check ...

R.M. Klippstein:
Hi Robin I was working wirh I.B.M on OS/2.0 beta about the same time Ray put out his SIO drivers. I remember getting his drivers and I had them on 3 1/2 " Floppy Disks. I don't know if I still have them or not, I was living in the U.S. at the time and may have left or lost them up there, but I also have  a bunch of floppy's down here which I will "dig up" and see if I still have the drivers. This will take me some time but I will let you know if I come up with them. Whether they will still be readable or not is another question.

klipp

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I have some partial good news. Ray Gwinn authorized to share the registered version of SIO and SIO2K. But currently I don't have the registered version of SIO2K (that is why is partial good news). If someone has the registered version of SIO2K please let me know.  For what I was able to research the latest version of SIO2K was 2.03, released June 6, 2002.

Regards

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 25, 2021, 03:14:20 pm ---Hi

Ray Gwinn was active on facebook some days ago. I'm trying again to see if we can get a freeware license for the community.

I also tried to get the source code some time ago but he needed physical presence of someone to help him with the machine. I can not recall where he was located in the US.

Regards

--- End quote ---

I know this. The conditions of continuing as set by Ray are not absolutely feasible. No one will go home to it and develop software that is no longer commercially valuable.

bazmyslik:

--- Quote from: Robin Karel Popper on January 26, 2021, 06:58:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on January 25, 2021, 03:14:20 pm ---Hi

Ray Gwinn was active on facebook some days ago. I'm trying again to see if we can get a freeware license for the community.

I also tried to get the source code some time ago but he needed physical presence of someone to help him with the machine. I can not recall where he was located in the US.

Regards

--- End quote ---

Yes, released on June 6, 2002, works relatively well for me. But when starting the computer it requires a "press any key" and I'm 150 km away from the computer :-( My system FidoNet and BBS works until something goes wrong. Then I can remotely turn the computer off and on again, but "press any key "I really can't remotely :-( That's why I'm looking for a registered version.

I know this. The conditions of continuing as set by Ray are not absolutely feasible. No one will go home to it and develop software that is no longer commercially valuable.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version