OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

clipgrab

<< < (3/5) > >>

Dave Yeo:
Did you run it in the parent of the youtube-dl subdirectory?  E:\GCC in your case.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
TeLLie,

--- Quote from: TeLLie on March 20, 2021, 12:47:41 pm ---...If i unzip it and run

E:\GCC\youtube-dl>python -m youtube-dl
C:/USR/BIN/python.exe: No module named youtube-dl

--- End quote ---

I think the proper module name to run is actually 'YoutubeDL.py', at least that's what Dave has in his bundle...unless of course 'youtube-dl' is actually a clipgrab module name...not sure as I do not have clipgrab instaled here.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski on March 20, 2021, 05:07:41 pm ---TeLLie,

--- Quote from: TeLLie on March 20, 2021, 12:47:41 pm ---...If i unzip it and run

E:\GCC\youtube-dl>python -m youtube-dl
C:/USR/BIN/python.exe: No module named youtube-dl

--- End quote ---

I think the proper module name to run is actually 'YoutubeDL.py', at least that's what Dave has in his bundle...unless of course 'youtube-dl' is actually a clipgrab module name...not sure as I do not have clipgrab instaled here.

--- End quote ---

It's the whole subdirectory that needs to be run, not an individual file. As I said, it is unpackaged and packaging should create a binary script holding the subdirectory and documentation.

TeLLie:
Hi Dave,
I used youtube-dl all the time till i saw you called it youtube_dl :)
Now its working
E:\GCC\youtube-dl>python -m youtube_dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4_RFEY5WDA
[youtube] U4_RFEY5WDA: Downloading webpage
[download] Destination: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons _ Yoü and I _ The Edge of Glory live at One America Appeal-U4_RFEY5WDA.f136.mp4
[download] 100% of 72.14MiB in 00:07
[download] Destination: Lady Gaga - Million Reasons _ Yoü and I _ The Edge of Glory live at One America Appeal-U4_RFEY5WDA.f140.m4a
[download] 100% of 20.38MiB in 00:02
[ffmpeg] Merging formats into "Lady Gaga - Million Reasons _ Yoü and I _ The Edge of Glory live at One America Appeal-U4_RFEY5WDA.mp4"

Btw: python3 is much faster to use...

Dave Yeo:
Yea, it looks like I screwed up with directions, the underline is correct. Good that it is working for you and I see you're getting good download speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version