OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Internet

Password Managers

(1/2) > >>

Dave Yeo:
So I've been using the free edition of LastPass for a while. It works fairly well as a browser extension on both SM and FF with the old extension still supported. It also works well on my Android phone.
They're changing the terms next month so the free edition is only usable on mobile or desktop and I can't afford to pay for it.
So wondering what password managers people are using.

Andi B.:
I mostly use SMs integrated password manager and share the profile (copied over from the main machine). I don't need more security on my private machines. On one Win machine I want to have better security I've my SM profile on an encrypted drive (VeraCrypt). Moreover I once exported my passwords and feed it into KeePassX (yum install keepassx). I've the KeePassX database on my main OS/2 box. But I also copied it to a stick together with the Win version of KeePassX so I've access even when I'm on another machine.

Of course keeping the main KeePassX file in sync with the main Seamonkey profile with the copies is additional work. It's manageable as long as I prefer different stable passwords for different accounts, but my method will not easily work if you like to have a lot of constantly changing passwords.

Btw. I don't use mobile devices for any serious tasks where I've a need for secure passwords.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Andi B. on February 17, 2021, 08:51:48 am ---yum install keepassx

--- End quote ---
That doesn't work for me. Is it in netlabs-exp?

I've found it on eCSoft/2.

Thomas M.:
I am using eaccount for years to my full satiscation.
Have a look here: https://ecsoft2.org/eaccounts-account-manager
Thomas

Andi B.:

--- Quote from: Andreas Schnellbacher on February 17, 2021, 01:05:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Andi B. on February 17, 2021, 08:51:48 am ---yum install keepassx

--- End quote ---
That doesn't work for me. Is it in netlabs-exp?

I've found it on eCSoft/2.

--- End quote ---
I think so. It's listed here as installed. But in red color when exp is disabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version