OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Web applications

Otter Browser 1.0 [teaser]

<< < (2/2)

Martin Vieregg:
Dimitry,

great to hear about your efforts! Please make a focus to the installation process. Installation of simplebrowser was not funny and failed on my computer after a lot of trials.

Roderick Klein:

--- Quote from: Martin Vieregg on March 08, 2021, 02:22:14 pm ---Dimitry,

great to hear about your efforts! Please make a focus to the installation process. Installation of simplebrowser was not funny and failed on my computer after a lot of trials.

--- End quote ---

That is the intend of the new browser as it will be distributed via RPM.

Note that I think it was pretty obvious the test browser was preview version... The readme I think made that pretty clear...

Roderick

Dmitriy Kuminov:
Thanks everybody!

--- Quote from: Martin Vieregg on March 08, 2021, 02:22:14 pm ---Dimitry,

--- End quote ---

Martin, as already mentioned by Roderick, simplebrowser was never meant to be distributed, it was a build for internal testing only (except that special release from Roderick for a wider audience that was still for testing only and having some RPM/YUM skills was a must). Otter will be distributed as an RPM package so it will install everything it needs automatically provided that you have a working RPM environment (e.g. use the latest ArcaOS). Due to OS/2 specifics, there is simply no other way to properly distribute it (e.g. macOS-like bundle approach will not really work on OS/2 for Otter for many reasons).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version