OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Thinkpad T450S trackpoint scroll button, can it be mapped?

(1/2) > >>

Ibrahim Hakeem:
Hi all

For as long as I've been using my T450S with ArcaOS, I haven't been able to get the trackpoint's scroll button working as intended - whenever I press it, the cursor just jerks around the screen in a random direction. It's not that big a deal as much, rather a QOL thing that I'd love to wrangle.

I wasn't able to find a solution to potentially remap it and was hoping to see if anyone has experienced anything similar and might have a solution.

If it helps at all,  I tried an external mouse as well, finding that while scrolling itself worked fine, there was no response when I clicked the on scroll wheel. It did function perfectly and as intended when using my M93P however (using Firefox to test).

Thanks in advance as always  ;D

Dave Yeo:
For my T42, using the IBM mouse driver rather then the Amouse driver allows the scroll button to work. You do lose the ability to use a scroll wheel on a regular mouse though.
Not sure whether the T450S works the same as the T42 is old enough that IBM supported OS/2 on it and IIRC, it is wired as a PS2 mouse.

Ibrahim Hakeem:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on March 11, 2021, 07:01:12 am ---For my T42, using the IBM mouse driver rather then the Amouse driver allows the scroll button to work. You do lose the ability to use a scroll wheel on a regular mouse though.
Not sure whether the T450S works the same as the T42 is old enough that IBM supported OS/2 on it and IIRC, it is wired as a PS2 mouse.

--- End quote ---

That was my first approach but unfortunately my T450S recognizes the trackpad + trackpoint as a USB HID device rather than a PS2 device.

Dave Yeo:
Did you try with the IBM USB mouse driver? Unluckily it doesn't seem to ship with ArcaOS and I'm not sure whether it'll work with the ArcaOS USB stack or what else it needs.
Here's,

--- Code: ---Signature:       @#OEM:9.23#@  OS/2 USB Mouse Device Driver
Vendor:          OEM
Revision:        9.23
File Version:    9.23
Description:     OS/2 USB Mouse Device Driver

--- End code ---

Neil Waldhauer:
What is the Trackpoint scroll button? Is it the blue trapezoid shaped button? What is it supposed to do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version