OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Hardware

Quatech SSP-100 Serial Port PCMCIA in ArcaOS

<< < (2/6) > >>

ivan:
I know this may seem an odd question but what do you intend to use it for?  I ask because there might be easier ways of doing what you want.

ExPLIT:
Thanks guys for so many answers. I never expected i will got so many answers!

If i put
DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\QCOM.SYS
without any parameters, it doesn't load. I got an messages, that the line is ignored.

I commented out the standard
COM.SYS & VCOM.SYS
when i try to load the QCOM.SYS Driver. Without commenting the standart com-drivers out, the QCOM.SYS is always doesn't load and ignored.

SSP100.SYS is client driver for exact this PCMCIA Serial Port SSP-100.

Will do my experiments and inform you guys.
Again:
Thank you very much for so many replies!

ExPLIT:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on March 14, 2021, 04:36:34 pm ---Hi

1) Maybe it is unrelated, but the "os2com.pdf" says the QCOM.SYS parameters for PCMCIA should be empty. (Page 8 - 2.3.4 QuatechPCMCIA Serial Port Adapters)

--- Quote ---2.3.4 Quatech PCMCIA Serial Port Adapters
Do not place parameters on the QCOM.SYS command line for these products.The client device drivers take parameters for PCMCIA serial ports.  See the client driver documentation for details.

--- End quote ---

Are you sure that "DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\QCOM.SYS (1,FFF8,11) /L" was working for you on OS/2 before on PCMCIA?

2) Also, for what I can find, SSP100.SYS driver, is for the "Quatech SPP-100 Enhanced Parallel Port Type II PCMCIA Card", but I'm not completely sure it does not apply for the serial adapter too. (Quatech SPP-100 Enhanced Parallel Port Type II PCMCIA Card manual)

3) Also, confirm that you have REM out "COM.SYS" and "VCOM.SYS" from the config.sys.

4) Is your PCMCIA Serial card the one on the picture?

Regards

--- End quote ---

2) SSP100.SYS is definit the serial port driver for SSP-100 PCMCIA Serial card. Installed from Quatech original CD.
3) Yes, REM out COM.SYS and VCOM.SYS
4) Yes, exact the same card.

ExPLIT:

--- Quote from: ivan on March 14, 2021, 10:49:59 pm ---I know this may seem an odd question but what do you intend to use it for?  I ask because there might be easier ways of doing what you want.

--- End quote ---

I would like to have an serial port terminal emulator for connecting to old hardware via RS232 Serial Port.
Of course it works oob under Windows with the same card, but i would be better, when it would work out of ArcaOS.

ExPLIT:
Somehow, th driver doesn't find the UART Controller on the PCMCIA.

I will try the same card under ThinkPad X61s.
X61s has the same Ricoh R5C476 II PCMCIA Controller but a way better BIOS with much more optins. Will try that.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version