Author Topic: Error message "The message body was left empty." when I wanted to edit a post  (Read 5338 times)

Kékróka

Hi,

Once I succesfully fixed my post in the forum, but after I just could only attempting -- as my savings always failed  -- even if I just removed one character and not a word or a quote.
    Another interesting behaviour :
    earlier I selected a smaller part from what I wanted to quote from other posts, but the whole post got in to my post's input field. Then I thoght : it is no problem I will edit it manually to the required amount there, but when I actually did it then I got the same error message above. This way I gave up and left as it happened to be posted at all.
    Could someone correct me if I was doing something wrong?
    I would like to understand why is it happen(ed/ing) and how to avoid it if it is really my fault.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Possibly a cache or cookie problem, as editing a post works here. You never said which browser you are using.
When at os2world, try pressing CTRL-F5 to fully reload the page. For SeaMonkey, you can go to Tools-->Cookie Manager-->Manage Stored Cookies and delete all the ones from os2world, you will have to relog in. I forget how to clear them in Firefox, you may have to delete all cookies by moving cookies.sqlite out of the way or directly editing the sqlite file, there's a tool on Hobbes.

Kékróka

Hi Dave,

Sorry, it was last Chrome on Win XP SP3 (49.0.2623.112 m).
   Anyway
   I've removed the cookies and cache for os2world.com and reloaded the page.
   After re-login : I went to the affected post and try out : can I correct syntax errors ?
   Failed - but as it is minor issue this way and reduced only for me, so I would avoid typo
   after all before submit.  ;D
   Otherwise , it was worth a try ...

Thanks again :D

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
Hi

I usually visit the forum (SM Forum script) with ArcaOS Firefox 45 and on Windows with Firefox 87 (I blink and it gets updated).
I don't have any major problems to post or to edit a previuos post. Maybe on ArcaOS FF45, it something crashed and I may lost some long text deleted (before posting it). But it is not an everyday thing.

In your case, is only a thing with that Chrome 49? can you try Firefox on your WinXP machine?

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.