OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Programming

VSLICK - OS/2 Toolkit Support Package

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi Martin,

As always, awesome questions and suggestions. Let me cover each one below...

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 24, 2021, 01:51:24 pm ---...I had quickly read the PDF and looks very good. Possible I can only suggest to put your name, date and possible a license on the rules on how to use your text (Free? Creative Commons?).

--- End quote ---

Correct, I need to add this, most likely a document control page in that write-up. Right now I was focusing solely on the content. As to the license...hmm, haven't given it a thought, at all. I consider these types of things to be "public domain", meaning: anyone can contribute but the contributions must all be noted accordingly (in the document control section I suppose - my corporate thinking comes across here, as that is normally how each document would be marked up).

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on September 24, 2021, 01:51:24 pm ---...I don't have or use VSLICK, but I after following the links on the PDF text I got a question. Where can the "Modern Editor Theme for OS/2" configuration files can be downloaded? I'm guessing that an INI and VLX files should be provided, or I'm guessing wrong?...
--- End quote ---

So once I have that single doc completed I will toss the ZIP out there into Hobbes most likley. I didn't want to distribute anything without there being at least a somewhat legible explanation for what the Theme package is intended to accomplish. So it's a little bit of that "what came first, the chicken or the egg?" lol

Heck, maybe we could do a quick "testing back and forth" here first? We are such a small community that it feels like tossing something into Hobbes will go practically unnoticed. Maybe GitHub...I need to look into that though, haven't done anything with that before.

Suggestions?

Martin Iturbide:
Thanks for your answers.

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski ---Heck, maybe we could do a quick "testing back and forth" here first?

--- End quote ---
There is no problem with that. I think it will be a good way to test the "theme" first with other people that uses VSlick

--- Quote from: Dariusz Piatkowski ---We are such a small community that it feels like tossing something into Hobbes will go practically unnoticed. Maybe GitHub...I need to look into that though, haven't done anything with that before.

--- End quote ---
I suggest, that once you have a version that you want to share it broadly public, upload it to hobbes and let me know to post a news at OS2World. Github is also good place too to store the source (text files) and work the versioning of it with git.

Regards

Neil Waldhauer:
I'd like to see a light theme to go with the dark theme.

I used to use vslick as my IDE, but it required some customization and it was never as good as Visual Studio. I used to configure a Windows machine to edit files in my OS/2 project in Visual Studio for analysis of a large project, then use vslick for coding, debugging, etc.

Now I mainly use gcc, so I'm interested in making that nicer.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Neil,

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on September 25, 2021, 03:39:17 pm ---I'd like to see a light theme to go with the dark theme...
--- End quote ---

Do you have anything specific in mind?

When I started to look for the 'dark' theme, I hit the net for an hour or so until I found what felt like a good fit. The result is not entirely black, a bit of grey tossed in there along with some milder colours. Easy on the eyes.

If you can find something and send me the URL, I can try to replicate the colour scheme and roll this out with two schemes.

Neil Waldhauer:
I didn't know where to search, but I found a few in this thread, and this is a post containing a very light scheme. That said, I now realize that I like the default scheme pretty well. So don't go out of your way to get a white theme just for me.

https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,324.msg9857.html#msg9857

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version