OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Booting with NVMe

(1/5) > >>

Greg Pringle:
Does anyone know how to use the ArcaOs NVMe dirver for the boot device?

Pete:
Hi Greg

My guess is that it needs to be before ahci and/or danis506 - that is the "traditional" method eg:-

BASEDEV=NVME.ADD
  BASEDEV=OS2AHCI.ADD
  BASEDEV=DANIS506.ADD

If that does not work you will need to explore the options. Let us know how you get on  :-)

Regards

Pete

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: Greg Pringle on April 14, 2021, 02:13:39 pm ---Does anyone know how to use the ArcaOs NVMe dirver for the boot device?

--- End quote ---
Just a little patience, a Wiki manual is in progress.

Neil Waldhauer:
I have now done it using the ArcaOS 5.0.6 USB stick. I'm sure a Wiki entry from Arca Noae will come soon, as I have reported the result to the tester's list.

You'll need to edit the Config.Sys in the pre-boot menu to comply with what it says in the NVMe readme. The PSD line needs to NOT have /VW

If you install, you need to edit Config.Sys at the end of Phase 1 with the same changes the pre-boot menu got. After that, it should work.

Dave Yeo:
Niel's actually talking about installing ArcaOS on a NVMe device. Editing config.sys as Pete mentioned, making sure that you are using the SMP kernel and ACPI without parameters such as /VW should be enough to boot on most hardware. It is only supported on 5.06 or newer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version