OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Setup & Installation

Booting with NVMe

<< < (4/5) > >>

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Lewis' Wiki page is online.

The page for the NVMe driver is here.

See also this page for general driver addition and for saving Preboot menu settings.

jailbird:
For those playing around inside a VM, the easiest method (for me) was to just keep the .iso as-is, not bother with a virtual USB stick, and to just use the old method of a virtual floppy with just the NVME.* files and a blank BOOT_UPD.TXT.

That seemed to work just fine...

Matt Walsh:
I got the NVME drive on my AS Rock B-450 and installed the NVME, and using a USB drive installed Arca5.0.6 with the NVME.add in the Config.sys following the wiki directions.  If I boot from another SSD I can see the NVME boot drive and files, but when I try to boot it nothing happens.  The BIOS sees it, but I just get a "_"  flickering on the screen and nothing happens. 
Any suggestions welcome.  I'm wondering if it's a bios setting, but since it's listed on the device list I have no other ideas, so any suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Matt

Neil Waldhauer:
I had the same flashing - at some point. I had to order the drives in BIOS so the NVMe drive was first. I had to install AirBoot on the NVMe drive. I had to make sure that the NVMe driver came before other disk drivers in Config.Sys. And I had to make sure that ACPI was not called with /VW.

ivan:
Hi Matt,

Although I don't have a NVMe on my MSI B550 (Ryzen third gen) I do have an M-2 SATA stick that I boot from and found out very early that I needed to set that M-2 slot as the first bootable drive in the bios.  If I didn't do that it would try and boot from any other drive on the system, all 5 plus the DVD, but never try the M-2 slot.

At some stage I will add an NVMe stick to the second M-2 on that board and see what happens - maybe use one as a fall back boot system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version