WebSite Information > Article Discussions

Run IBM OS/2 on Android using Limbo PC Emulator

<< < (6/7) > >>

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Tom on May 07, 2021, 06:39:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on April 26, 2021, 04:13:04 pm ---Not really, the build requirements don't currently exist on our platform, namely Ninja, which works sorta like make.
It's also 1.4 GB's of source.

--- End quote ---

While working on qtwebengine, dmik seems to have ported Ninja to OS/2:

https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtwebengine-os2/issues/2

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought, but I couldn't find it and attempting to build QT5, configure didn't mind too much the lack of Ninja. It does look like it should be in the tree judging by the commit but I can't find it.

Tom:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 08, 2021, 02:10:47 am ---
--- Quote from: Tom on May 07, 2021, 06:39:53 pm ---
--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on April 26, 2021, 04:13:04 pm ---Not really, the build requirements don't currently exist on our platform, namely Ninja, which works sorta like make.
It's also 1.4 GB's of source.

--- End quote ---

While working on qtwebengine, dmik seems to have ported Ninja to OS/2:

https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtwebengine-os2/issues/2

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought, but I couldn't find it and attempting to build QT5, configure didn't mind too much the lack of Ninja. It does look like it should be in the tree judging by the commit but I can't find it.

--- End quote ---

It seems to be in the tree for qtwebengine-chromium. Is this what you are looking for?

https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtwebengine-chromium-os2/tree/master/ninja

Dave Yeo:
Yes, I found it.
I've been looking at the 5.1.0 code base, it is still huge and it would obviously take more time then I currently have available. I'll play with it a bit, get configure running and such but I doubt that I'll put that much effort into it. It was as much curiosity about building it as I don't have that much interest in it, especially considering the limits such as memory on our platform .

Ibrahim Hakeem:
If anybody may be interested, I am willing to start a bounty for a well-rounded release of QEMU under the following conditions:
>Stable enough for everyday use
>Smooth Windows 95/98 emulation
>Audio, preferably SB16 compatible emulation
>Semi-decent video support (I.E, can run something like Flight Simulator 98 at low-mid settings with at least 30 to 40fps)
>A reliable GUI for configuring and launching VMs

Effectively, something that's going to be solid for low-mid range Win9x gaming.

I have a hunch this will most likely be 2.4.x or earlier. Once again like others have said, there's no need to build a newer version that's going to have more compilation related headaches - especially when modern Linux distros are still going off 2.4.x code without any complaint. I understand this will require more effort than a simple compile n' go situation especially with the desired specifications listed, but I believe there to be very viable use-case for a new and reasonably stable release of Qemu for our platform

The goal wouldn't be to replace Virtualbox, but to get up to speed for one ArcaOS's aims of being a good platform for DOS and early Windows emulation, especially in lieu of ArcaOS 5.1 hopefully being on the horizon. It would be really cool to have more usable and up-to-date software for 90's era x86 emulation. Plus I'm sure many of us still wish that this wasn't a hoax  :P

Martin Iturbide:
Hi Ibrahim.

--- Quote from: Ibrahim Hakeem on May 09, 2021, 11:34:14 am ---If anybody may be interested, I am willing to start a bounty for a well-rounded release of QEMU...

--- End quote ---

I support your bounty idea. In my experience I think it will be better to find the developer first, know how much he is asking for the service and then push to get the funds.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version