OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

QT5 Runtime

(1/4) > >>

ivan:
Maybe I am not looking in the right place but I can't find the QT5 runtime package.

I assume there has to be one, we do have one for QT4.   Since most developers want to show their ability and would have assembled one as soon as possible if only to show off what they can do  BUT the question is where is it hiding.

Don't tell me that I have to download a load of programming junk that I will never use just to get bits from each package that might eventually allow me to put together a QT5 runtime, that is just stupidity.

Rant over.  Having spent the last few hours looking and finding a blank wall I am beginning to wonder just where OS/2 is going.

Dariusz Piatkowski:
Hi ivan,

'yum list qt5*' will return a whole bunch of RPM packages...I'm sure somewhere in there is the runtime...I haven't looked at them myself quite yet.

Heck, 'yum list qt5*base*' shows the following:

--- Code: ---[G:\]yum list qt5*base*
Loaded plugins: changelog, downloadonly, ps, replace, verify
Available Packages
qt5-qtbase.i686                           5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-common.noarch                  5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-debuginfo.i686                 5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-devel.i686                     5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-examples.i686                  5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-gui.i686                       5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-private-devel.i686             5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel
qt5-qtbase-static.i686                    5.13.1-1.oc00              netlabs-rel

--- End code ---

Neil Waldhauer:

--- Code: ---yum install qt5
--- End code ---

If you already have simplebrowser running, you already have QT5 installed.

ivan:
Hi Dariusz,

Been there , done that no joy - I do not want or need umpteen *.h files or other junk which I know not what to do with,  I just want a simple runtime package like that for QT4.

@ Neil,

Sorry , don't have that running because there is no set of required DLLs available - I just want a simple zip with all the necessary DLLs, is that too much to ask?  Will accept a .wpi or as a last resort a .rpm.

Andreas Schnellbacher:

--- Quote from: ivan on April 21, 2021, 11:16:45 pm ---Been there , done that no joy - I do not want or need umpteen *.h files

--- End quote ---
Not true. I just have 1 file in my tree:
   G:\usr\include\python2.7\pyconfig.h

--- Quote from: ivan on April 21, 2021, 11:16:45 pm ---or other junk which I know not what to do with,  I just want a simple runtime package like that for QT4.

--- End quote ---
.. and I just want to have a system I can work with.

Sorry Ivan, there's just one way that's officially supported. Go that or take the time to create your own distribution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version