OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Utilities

QT5 Runtime

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dave Yeo:
Out of Dariusz's list, just ignore the *-devel* and also the static. Likewise with any other packages.
Unluckily, especially with the web stuff, there are multiple packages required and Bitwise is not getting paid to get together a runtime package and don't seem interested in anything beyond the RPM's.
You are welcome to put one together if it is that important to you.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Neil Waldhauer on April 21, 2021, 09:30:29 pm ---
--- Code: ---yum install qt5
--- End code ---

If you already have simplebrowser running, you already have QT5 installed.

--- End quote ---
Hi

I'm testing a fresh ArcaOS 5.0.6 VM and I also think that "yum install qt5" is like the easy way to install the Qt5 Runtime.
But making this fresh install I also noticed that there a big number of packages that have different version on the netlabs-exp repository from the regular repo. Maybe some specific application will require the the exp libraries.

Regards

Joop:
Ahh, that's all totally bull. You do rpm and all is going well. Well, rpm needs a list for yum which tells yum what to do. So what's the problem to give that list in ascii? They didn't complain when I send money as a contribution for the development of QT, so is it too much to listen to you customers who did donate money? The totally QT download is a big package with lots of stuff for the trashcan. How difficult is it to give an readme file with what files you need, what files are for some other purpose. Really, this is beyond me.

Andreas Schnellbacher:
Hasn't the contained chkdll32 worked for you? Here's what I get and you can see that I haven't tried it:

--- Code: ---epm: C:\ > G:\DEV\BIN\CHKDLL32.EXE "I:\Download\connect\0_mozilla\qtwebtest5_4\simplebrowser.exe"
Loading DLL 'libcx0' --> G:\USR\LIB\LIBCX0.DLL.
Loading DLL 'libcn0' --> G:\USR\LIB\LIBCN0.DLL.
Loading DLL 'stdcpp6' --> G:\USR\LIB\STDCPP6.DLL.
Loading DLL 'Qt5Core' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5Core'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5CORE' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'Qt5Wdgt' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5Wdgt'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5WDGT' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'Qt5WebW' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5WebW'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5WEBW' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'Qt5Gui' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5Gui'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5GUI' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'Qt5Net' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5Net'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5NET' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'Qt5WebC' --> NOT loaded!
Unable to load DLL 'Qt5WebC'.  DosLoadModule returned: 2
OS/2 reports 'QT5WEBC' contributed to the failure.
Loading DLL 'gcc1' --> G:\USR\LIB\GCC1.DLL.

epm: C:\ >

--- End code ---

So the list for simplebrowser.exe might be:

--- Code: ---libcx0 libcn0 stdcpp6 Qt5Core Qt5Wdgt Qt5WebW Qt5Gui Qt5Net Qt5WebC

--- End code ---

plus access to the experimental netlabs.org repository.

Anything more to add?

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Andreas Schnellbacher on April 22, 2021, 11:07:09 pm ---plus access to the experimental netlabs.org repository.

Anything more to add?

--- End quote ---

There's a few other supporting packages. Off the top of my head, ffmpeg-libs and the newest ICU, both also need the corresponding legacy libs packages installed as well for older software such as Firefox. There's more which I can't remember right now.

The problem right now is that it is all under active development. I watch some of the issue trackers and it is not uncommon for other packages to need updates to fix the simple browser's test suite.
This is the problem with a Qt5 runtime package or even a readme listing all the needed packages, currently it is in a state of flux, so a readme might need frequent updating, likewise with a runtime package. Went through this with Firefox, it just became harder and harder to keep up with the packages as they keep changing. Even now things like ffmpeg-libs needs changing to ffmpeg-legacy-libs or such. ICU too. Then there are packages that should work but make the browser crash such as the updated NSPR4 and NSS packages, where the simplest might be to copy the older DLLs into the program directory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version