Author Topic: QT5 Runtime  (Read 13496 times)

Andreas Schnellbacher

• View Profile
Re: QT5 Runtime
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2021, 09:30:58 pm »
I've jsut tried to install the new Tea version and it has worked. start tea opens the Qt 5 program.

• I've first updated all installed packages with ANPM (BTW: ANPM has the advantage that it has a priority list that makes it know about when the system has to be rebooted, in this case that wasn't required.)
  • Then I've installed Qt5, because Ivan told that it needs it, following Neil's hint (yum install qt5)
  • At least I've installed tea with yum install tea.

That's how I've just did it. An easier method might exist. I've no experimental packages installed.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: QT5 Runtime
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 01:14:33 am »
ivan, Joop,

Head on over to the GitHub HOME for QT5 => https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qtbase-os2

Scroll down a tad, you have the option to d/l the ZIP files as well.

I downloaded those files, but there are heavenly polluted. Still in all files for compiling, perl scripts from the original. What should I do with .dbg files? As far as I can imagine you can omit the directory "include". What are .pc files? The directory "mkspecs" is not for us when you are not in for compiling. And the list is going on.

As I mentioned, the devel packages are unneeded. The dbg files are for exceptq reports so keep them, pc files are for pkg-config, unneeded unless compiling.
The only packages I have installed on this install using netlabs-rel are, qt5-qtbase, qt5-qtbase-common, gt5-qtbase-gui, and gt5-qtsvg. All version 5.13.1-1. Tea runs fine.
I see there is also a meta-package, qt5 that, besides I listed, pulls in qt5-qtdeclarative, qt5-tools and qt5-tools-common, which are probably a good idea to also install.
I'd suggest waiting for development to end on the new browser if you don't want to muck around with netlabs-exp where the DLLs are in a state of flux, or bite the bullet and use YUM or ANPM.