WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Hobbes (Files) Reoganization

<< < (29/57) > >>

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Dave Yeo on May 04, 2022, 01:40:05 am --- Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS) is just another name for our (and DOS and Windows) network drivers, or more exact part of them IIRC. OK, Wiki has an overview, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Driver_Interface_Specification

--- End quote ---

Hi

I'm still processing in my mind where is the right place for "/pub/os2/util/network/ndis"
-  Is it fine there?
- Should it go somewhere representing that is for the VDM, like "/pub/os2/system/VDM/ndis" ?
- Should it go somewhere else?

Regards

Dave Yeo:
Seems to me that  "/pub/os2/util/network/ndis" is fine. IIRC they can work under OS/2, DOS and older Windows depending on installer and perhaps other support files.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I had lost some intensity on the hobbes reorganization, and I think I'm happy with the directory structure now.

I don't know if there are some comments, I still need to continue with:
- /pub/os2/apps/comm/bbs
- /pub/os2/util/network/tcpip
- /pub/os2/dev/pascal
- /pub/os2/dev/rexx (This will take longer)

I'm also starting slowly with: /pub/os2/system/patches

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I was thinking if it will make sense to divide the "/pub/windows" in two:
- /pub/win16  - For Windows 16 bits apps that runs on Win-OS2
- /pub/win32 - For Windows 32 Bits apps that runs on OS/2 with Odin.

But this is just an early idea, I don't know if there is enough Win32 Freeware/Shareware/OpenSource that runs with Odin to populate in a decent way the /win32 directory.  And it makes sense to first finish with the native apps reorganisation before starting this.

Regards

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

Just a good day to create a self reminder of the directories on APPS that I'm missing to organize.
- /pub/os2/apps/comm/bbs
- /pub/os2/apps/editors
- /pub/os2/apps/religion
- /pub/os2/apps/science/chem
- /pub/os2/apps/science/ee
- /pub/os2/apps/wp

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version