WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Hobbes (Files) Reoganization

<< < (15/57) > >>

Wendy Krieger:
For some of us, there is a conceptial difference of what is inside the router and what is beyond the router.  This is more true when you consider some users pay by the megabyte or whatever. 

We would hope that shares made on the local network are not also shared over passers-by on the street, for example. 

For example, it might be fine to have email / browser / ftpclient under internet, and this remains true even when programs like TotalCommander can hook to the internet, while being specifically a local app.   

Dave Yeo:
Hi Martin, missed this.
For the name of the directory, either of your ideas seems fine.
As for which versions. I guess if you want to trim older ones, I'd keep at least the 38ESR and the 45ESR various versions as there still seems to be people who prefer SM 2.35 at least and they still work. Older versions are getting useless as they don't support new enough encryption.

Sergey Posokhov:
At least, "firefox-31.8.0.en-us.os2.beta_5-wpi.wpi" still works.

Dave Yeo:

--- Quote from: Sergey Posokhov on October 19, 2021, 06:09:10 pm ---At least, "firefox-31.8.0.en-us.os2.beta_5-wpi.wpi" still works.

--- End quote ---

Good to know. Have you tried updating the letsencrypt certificate or did you just add an exception for here?
I'm inclined to keep all working browsers on Hobbes.

Sergey Posokhov:
I still press "Add Exception" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version