WebSite Information > Comments, Suggestions & Questions

Hobbes (Files) Reoganization

<< < (16/57) > >>

Dave Yeo:
You probably could update the certificate then, at least it supports a new enough TLS, probably 1.2

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

There is one thing that I'm not sure how to organize, those are the "server software" like web servers, mail servers, news servers. I'm thinking that maybe it is time to create a new category of "/pub/os2/server" and put something like:
- /pub/os2/server
-- /mail
-- /news
-- /web
-- /misc
I think that it is not good to put the server software on apps/internet, since a mail, web server, etc. can also be installed on an intranet or home network, without internet access.

Regards

Dave Yeo:
Yes, they should definitely be under server.

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I keep going slowly on the hobbes reorganization process.

I can say that "/pub/os2/apps/graphics" is now almost complete. I had uploaded some Qt Graphics apps that were missing on hobbes and some empty directories need to be removed. Maybe the final step will be to check if some more graphics related software is missing. Help is always welcome.

Regards

Wendy Krieger:
On the other hand, "Network" would include "Internet", given that TCP/IP and Intranet are Internet things that are local.  Even my telephone makes no distinction between network and internet, even though it's no longer allowed to download stuff over the POTS but only through WiFi.

When you pay different prices for the same data in different ways, the distinction is useful to make.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version