Author Topic: Arcamapper (SAMBA) loses connection  (Read 14697 times)

Lutz Wagner

• View Profile
Re: Arcamapper (SAMBA) loses connection
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 10:20:18 pm »
But you do NOT need to disable EAs on your NAS box...what I was talking about in my above post was literally disabling the EAs support in your NetDrive/ArcaMapper connection setup....
Thank you Darius, that is good news. Because I can't find out how to disable EA-support on my NAS box  :-)

Quote from: Dariusz
The outcome of this approach is that only your OS/2 box does NOT see EAs on the NAS, even if that NAS supported EAs with whatever filesystem it's using.
Ok. The outcome of this approach in my case is that PMView no longer tears down the connection. But other problems still persist, e.g. doubleclicking on the Z:-drive icon in the Drives folder.

ivan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 10:39:15 pm »
Double clicking on the icon representing the NAS drive and getting no response is generally due to the sleep settings of the NAS and which parts of the NAS go into sleep mode.  If it is just the disks that go into sleep mode they should start up reasonably quickly, if it is the OS plus the disks that sleep it takes rather longer.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 11:14:33 pm »
Do you have a ticket number on the AN Mantis? I'll see if I can find it.
Yes. The ID is 0003117

But I haven't continued to communicate there... didn't have the impression that there was being worked on with much interest .... sorry. My position is: Why ask me repeatedly for lots of debug info, when it is very easy to reproduce the problem on their own systems?

Well, unfortunately, I can't reproduce it here with my Samba servers, so without logs, I can't fix it....

Lutz Wagner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2021, 11:23:52 pm »
Well, unfortunately, I can't reproduce it here with my Samba servers, so without logs, I can't fix it....
I just uploaded the log.ndpsmb in the Mantis Webpage.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2021, 11:55:41 pm »
I just uploaded the log.ndpsmb in the Mantis Webpage.
Yep I just responded there - you're not using the AN supplied Samba - you're running Samba client 2.2.0 build Beta4-20140226 based on 3.5.22-eCS 1.2.0-848