Author Topic: PC Magazine OS/2 related articles  (Read 5809 times)

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
PC Magazine OS/2 related articles
« on: April 01, 2021, 08:22:54 pm »
Hi

You may know that on my free time I like to organize the OS2World wiki, and try to link as much as OS/2 related material (let say it helps me with my anxiety these days).

I want to try to list and link all the PC Magazine OS/2 related article:
- The general OS/2 subject articles here (OS2World wiki) (software reviews, OS reviews, critic, etc)
- The development OS/2 related articles here (EDM/2 wiki)

The good thing is that is seems that Google books got permission to republish some the PC Magazine issues and we can found them online: Google Books.

I'm now requesting your help, if you find some OS/2 article on PC Magazine, let me know the name or issue or date, and I will include it to the wiki list.

BTW: I know PC Magazine was not our preferred Magazine at that time, but I just want to list the OS/2 articles.

Also, if you think we should do the same thing with other magazines (list its OS/2 related articles), let me know.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:45:39 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Mentore

• View Profile
Re: PC Magazine OS/2 related articles
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:12:58 am »
Hi

You may know that on my free time I like to organize the OS2World wiki, and try to link as much as OS/2 related material (let say it helps me with my anxiety these days).

I want to try to list and link all the PC Magazine OS/2 related article:
- The general OS/2 subject articles here (OS2World wiki) (software reviews, OS reviews, critic, etc)
- The development OS/2 related articles here (EDM/2 wiki)

The good thing is that is seems that Google books got permission to republish some the PC Magazine issues and we can found them online: Google Books.

I'm now requesting your help, if you find some OS/2 article on PC Magazine, let me know the name or issue or date, and I will include it to the wiki list.

BTW: I know PC Magazine was not our preferred Magazine at that time, but I just want to list the OS/2 articles.

Also, if you think we should do the same thing with other magazines (list its OS/2 related articles), let me know.

Regards

There is a bunch of OS/2 related material in an old and defunct italian PC magazine. I also wrote some articles for it and managed the column for a couple of years.
I don't know if we can republish it though, so the best I can do is link it here:

http://www.mc-online.it/

OS/2 related articles are present starting from issue 50 if I remember correctly (mostly related to the IBM / Microsoft wars, with a perplexed view on the OS development, until version 2.0 came).

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:18:25 am »
Hi Mentore

It is awesome that this magazine has the issues available online. I will make a post on the wiki about it. If you remember the issue where you articles are, (or any other OS/2 related article), please post it here. I will be checking some of the issues for some OS/2 articles.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 02:20:37 am »
Hi Mentore

It is awesome that this magazine has the issues available online. I will make a post on the wiki about it. If you remember the issue where you articles are, (or any other OS/2 related article), please post it here. I will be checking some of the issues for some OS/2 articles.

I don't know if we can republish it though, so the best I can do is link it here:
For the moment I will only link them. About your articles, did you remember if you sign any exclusivity to the magazine? Otherwise you can also give permission to republish your on the OS2World wiki.

Regards
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:47:17 am by Martin Iturbide »
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 02:48:09 am »
Hi

I did a very quick search of the last year of that magazine (2001) and linked some of the articles as a general idea.
Here it is: https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/MC_Microcomputer.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster