OS/2, eCS & ArcaOS - Technical > Applications

Replacing "Save as..." dialog (Experiment)

(1/1)

Martin Iturbide:
Hi

I kind of prefer the "Save as..." dialog from Qt, instead of the FOC that comes in ArcaOS. I have nothing against FOC.

Will it be a way to create an experimental "hack" to replace the call of the "Save as..." dialog to call the one from Qt? Just something very rough to experiment on a VM.
I will like to experiment the compatibility of the OS/2 applications if that get replaced.

Regards

Rich Walsh:

--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on June 02, 2021, 05:26:41 pm ---I kind of prefer the "Save as..." dialog from Qt, instead of the FOC that comes in ArcaOS.
[...]
Will it be a way to create an experimental "hack" to replace the call of the "Save as..." dialog to call the one from Qt?

--- End quote ---

Martin, do you realize that this would require large parts of Qt to be loaded into every PM process? That's probably not a good idea.

Martin Iturbide:

--- Quote from: Rich Walsh on June 02, 2021, 07:27:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: Martin Iturbide on June 02, 2021, 05:26:41 pm ---I kind of prefer the "Save as..." dialog from Qt, instead of the FOC that comes in ArcaOS.
[...]
Will it be a way to create an experimental "hack" to replace the call of the "Save as..." dialog to call the one from Qt?

--- End quote ---

Martin, do you realize that this would require large parts of Qt to be loaded into every PM process? That's probably not a good idea.

--- End quote ---
Hi Rick

I understand that this will produce an overhead compared to the native PM, but I would like to experiment if it will be too much overhead to render the system unusable, or it is going to be tolerable on modern hardware or a VM.

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version